Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-25-2012, 04:31 PM
Felurian

Been there before.

There now.

Will no doubt be there again.

It comes in cycles.

After doing a few past life regressions, though, I'm not tempted anymore. I want to get the lessons this time so I don't have to repeat them again.

***8220;This is a test to see if your mission in this life is complete, if you are alive, it isn't.***8221;
***8213; Richard Bach

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-25-2012, 10:58 PM
Blackout

Argh.....this sh!t is hard. That's all I have the energy to say right now.
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 10-25-2012, 11:36 PM
Felurian

Yup. It surely is. (((((((HUGS)))))))

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-26-2012, 06:27 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

I think we all go thru slumps mine are fewer & farer btw luckily I was in a really bad place for a while after Izze passed away.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:48 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
***8220;This is a test to see if your mission in this life is complete, if you are alive, it isn't.***8221;
I really like that a lot.

Steph, you won't always feel like this. Most people have ups and downs and some people have really dramatic downs. But if you feel so awful and low for more than a couple weeks, you really need to see a doctor imo. There's no need to go along like that for too long a stretch. There are good people to talk to who can help steer you in a healthy direction. And there are good drugs which act on your serotonin and so forth which can help.

Since you never know what's in store for the future...it's a mystery, maybe you can see it as something interesting to find out about as you go through life. Not that it's all going to be rainbows and butterflies, but that it might just prove to be interesting. You can do things to make it more interesting too... like take a new class or take up a new hobby to get your mind on some happier things.

I do hope your mood improves and you seek out ways to help yourself. Don't waste your life feeling lousy. Life really is a gift and it only comes along here once. (I don't know about after life.)

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-26-2012, 10:47 AM
I'm All Ears

It is hard. I was there for sure a couple years ago. Barely anything there to hold onto other than a little tricolor fluffy puppy.

I'm still not where I want to be. I don't have as many friends my age as I would like. Not many to really go hang out with and I miss it. It seems like every person I've reached out to lately has said 'no'. But I try and a lot of times I look back and realize it was me saying no to them. A lot is changing myself and it's hard. But I'm adjusting and it's getting better. I've really just had to say 'screw this' and throw myself out there. It's easier said than done and I still falter back more often than I'd like. Right now I am fighting with a 'I can't' for something coming up tomorrow and sunday. It hurts sometimes and I think I get hurt easily when I really shouldn't be.

Every day I try to do something that is an improvement. Even if it's little by little. I try to talk to someone new or someone I barely know. Go somewhere new. If all else fails, take a walk with the dogs someplace fun.

I let myself get into a huge funk after my mom died, my friends moved away, and staying home and taking care of her every second of every day was so draining. It is slow going. Sometimes painfully slow. But it does get better. I am much further than I was a year ago and I keep reminding myself of that.