Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 10-13-2012, 08:23 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danefied View Post
Found it. Gotta love google

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDb-wsQzAeI
That's awesome!!!! And sad as hell at the same time...

I honestly believe this kind of crap methods is what got Doug (The Great Dane I had, not sure who remembers him, killed) I managed him for 2 weeks... The Great Dane Rescue's supposed experienced with resource guarding foster home? 1 day and they ended up with 20 stitches.... And put him down...
Old 10-13-2012, 06:25 PM
Top Dog

Without reading all the responses, I just want to mention that in the very beginning where the become aggressive towards Caesar and he lunges at her and become very threatening with her body language in response, the owner states that the dog HAS NOT confronted Caesar in that manner before.

So...basically whatever aggression that dog was showing previously was WORSENED by whatever Caesar was doing.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 10-13-2012, 06:52 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

I guess the best thing we can do it keep getting the word out there Bout how damaging these methods are.

Old 10-13-2012, 09:35 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Without reading all the responses, I just want to mention that in the very beginning where the become aggressive towards Caesar and he lunges at her and become very threatening with her body language in response, the owner states that the dog HAS NOT confronted Caesar in that manner before.

So...basically whatever aggression that dog was showing previously was WORSENED by whatever Caesar was doing.
Absolutely, positively, no question about it.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-14-2012, 04:48 PM
On second thought...

Every time I watch these videos it just reminds me of a battle field. Who wants to train that way? So disturbing. Poor dog.

Signature by aadufield, on Flickr

Proud owner of Cameron, a Chow Chow mix, and Duncan, a http://www.chazhound.com/forums/t141489/.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:54 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliciaD View Post
Every time I watch these videos it just reminds me of a battle field. Who wants to train that way? So disturbing. Poor dog.
Exactly my thoughts when I see him doing what he does to dogs. It's like he and his followers must love that power they have over dogs. It's sickening. This adversity in the name of "rehabilitating" or "training" is so unnecessary and counter productive.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-25-2012, 12:57 AM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Yeah no one is chastising his reaction TO being bit (I mean f***k it HURTS o_O) the thing everyone has the issue with is what he DID leading UP to the bite. That he CAUSED the bite in the first place not what he did to "get the dog off him"

I watch his show in a different light now, where he sees "calm submission" & "respect" I see mistrust & confusion & learned helplessness. The biggest issue I have is that he only tells the dogs what not to do & doesn't give them an alternate behavior even :/

Old 10-25-2012, 11:07 AM
Top Dog

I'm NOT watching it, but I agree that when a dog is eating DO NOT F7$K with it or its food!

Old 10-25-2012, 12:41 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1girl View Post
I'm NOT watching it, but I agree that when a dog is eating DO NOT F7$K with it or its food!

My dogs love me to F7$K with their food. They think, "oh boy! She's bringing a piece of that left over chicken parmessan she had for dinner. Hurry up Mom, stick it right in here!" That's only because they have learned that people near or sticking their hands in their bowl means it's a good thing....and not one iota of a threat. Of course, if a dog has resource guarding issues or hasn't been conditioned to understanding that people are no threat to their food, then yeah....leave them be until they are conditioned to liking people near their food or valuables.

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-25-2012, 01:08 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1girl View Post
Yeah...and this family had a little toddler. Toddlers don't always understand that and follow rules. Sure, the family could crate the dog at meal times...but what if someone drops a piece of good and the dog and baby go for it at the same time?

Teaching a dog to to be comfortable with people handling it's food is very important.

Threatening a dog who is frightened of it's food being taken away is the exact opposite of how to do this.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com