Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-24-2012, 06:58 AM
We are Home.

I will add to this tonight or in the morning but today is MOVING DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 10-24-2012, 06:59 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleLJ View Post
That is what we do. We use almond extract. I actually wrote an article several years back that was published on how to train a dog to leave your childrens toys alone and to be able to tell the difference between the two.
Link?

A bunch of my friends have babies between 6 and 10 months right now. Apparently the number one teething toy is this squeaky rubber giraffe that looks and sounds JUST LIKE A DOG TOY. Greta almost climbed someone to get to it during an intro one day. Lol.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 10-24-2012, 07:01 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
DH and I are looking at the end of 2014 for starting on the baby journey here. I've been obsessively researching since my bff had her second child 2 years ago. LOL I've learned that I am a very crunchy sort.
Planning is awesome. If we had a kid right exactly when I hit the OMGWESHOULDHAVEAKID stage we would be horribly under-prepared. Although really after a couple years of research I *still* feel horribly under-prepared so maybe that's just how this feels.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:13 AM
Behavior Nerd

I think that's just how it feels Taq - I asked a good friend of mine (with a 9? mo) how she felt when she found out that she was pregnant (after months of trying) and she said she sat down and cried first, THEN was happy. LOL Made me feel better about my periodic "ACK having kids is scary!!!" feelings.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:32 AM
Bite Club

Quote:
I think that's just how it feels Taq - I asked a good friend of mine (with a 9? mo) how she felt when she found out that she was pregnant (after months of trying) and she said she sat down and cried first, THEN was happy. LOL Made me feel better about my periodic "ACK having kids is scary!!!" feelings.
Yeah totally agree! Even though we knew we wanted kids, the reality of it happening is still really scary lol! We just stared at each other in stunned silence when the test came back positive.

I seem to be leaning to the 'crunchy' side too after doing research.

~Aura & Riley~
Old 10-24-2012, 08:42 AM
Bite Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonPitbullLvr View Post
Thanks Jenv. A lot of other women in my birth month group appear to have or have had the same thing happen and everything carried on fine but all the positive experiences and good- sounding statistics do nothing to help when it's actually happening.

I have another midwife appointment in a week from tomorrow. Hopefully she can put me at ease...
Are you on Mothering.com? It's a great resource site if anyone doesn't know about it. They have birth month groups too and lots of forums.

I never had any bleeding but it was something that was always on my mind especially in the first trimester. I do know that it's pretty common though, so I hope your midwife can make you feel better! Give her a call if it is really bothering you!

~Aura & Riley~
Old 10-24-2012, 08:46 AM
My dog tickles my soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
Link?

A bunch of my friends have babies between 6 and 10 months right now. Apparently the number one teething toy is this squeaky rubber giraffe that looks and sounds JUST LIKE A DOG TOY. Greta almost climbed someone to get to it during an intro one day. Lol.
WE HAVE THAT GIRAFFE! It's called Sophie or something... It really was/is Justin's favorite teether. It seems silly, but it really is very well designed.

That said, we don't have any plastic squeaky dog toys in our house like that, so we didn't have any issue with differentiation and Morgan has left the giraffe alone. But I can see how it could be an issue for others.

As for being crunchy, I am not opposed, and honestly would favor most crunchy parenting techniques. However, my husband was uncomfortable with a few things (cloth diapers and co-sleeping, mainly) and I was "on the fence", so we don't do them. We didn't do any babywearing, either, but that was mostly because Justin never really needed/cared for it. We did breastfeed, though.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:56 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
I keep asking Matt what makes us think we're qualified to have kids - usually after I get done threatening the dogs or chasing one of them around the house while laughing hysterically. Thus far he has not come up with a good answer. Lol.

I guess I lean towards crunchy as well - I want to try slings and breastfeed and would prefer to deliver naturally. But really, my end goal for pregnancy is to end up with a baby. I'd prefer not to have a c section unless absolutely necessary but if it happens, it happens. And if I'm in horrible agonizing pain that I can't handle someone had better drug me.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:00 AM
SBT Lover!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleLJ View Post
That is what we do. We use almond extract. I actually wrote an article several years back that was published on how to train a dog to leave your childrens toys alone and to be able to tell the difference between the two.
I would LOVE to read that article! What a great idea, that is the one thing I am worried about with Saxon. He is bomb proof around kids, but he LOVES to destroy stuffies and wouldn't know the difference between his and baby's. Please share the link!
Old 10-24-2012, 09:18 AM
My dog tickles my soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
I guess I lean towards crunchy as well - I want to try slings and breastfeed and would prefer to deliver naturally. But really, my end goal for pregnancy is to end up with a baby. I'd prefer not to have a c section unless absolutely necessary but if it happens, it happens. And if I'm in horrible agonizing pain that I can't handle someone had better drug me.
This was how I felt going in, too. I wanted a natural birth with no drugs. Even so, I still signed the paperwork for an epidural so that it was ready in case I changed my mind. Same for the c-section. I wanted to avoid it if at all possible, but I didn't want to completely block out that option in the case it became necessary.