Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Agility and Dog Sports

Old 10-17-2012, 09:39 PM
Top Dog

I tend to go with pant suits or skirt suits in contrasting colors to the dogs. Going the suit route helps you look more professional IMO. My fave suits for the Belgians for big shows are...white :O

Still sometimes I feel like having casual Friday, Saturday or Sunday at a show. On those days, l'll wear khakis and a nice colorful top. And if it's really hot, sometimes just a skirt and nice tank top. If it's really wet or muddy, I go with a skirt cause suit pants in light colors don't hold up so well to mud.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:12 PM
Top Dog

I actually won a BOS once while wearing shorts and a tank top. I wouldn't really recommend that. It was a hot outdoor show, I was doing agility, entered my girl in conformation only because I thought she'd be in season, and wanted a reason to bring her along. I couldn't be bothered to dress up, so I just bought brand new, solid colored casual clothes. I was a little surprised to win.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:33 AM
Top Dog

I haven't started showing yet, since all I can do with Courtney is course for right now But I've started stocking up on the dress clothes for when my puppy gets here
And I love this place, they have great stuff and great deals!

https://www.facebook.com/SuitUpDogSh...ref=ts&fref=ts
Old 10-18-2012, 08:11 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto8 View Post
I haven't started showing yet, since all I can do with Courtney is course for right now But I've started stocking up on the dress clothes for when my puppy gets here
And I love this place, they have great stuff and great deals!

https://www.facebook.com/SuitUpDogSh...ref=ts&fref=ts
I watch them too.. but they never have anything in my size
Old 10-19-2012, 12:41 PM
Top Dog

I usually wear the business skirt suit type of clothing. Knee length or slightly shorter pencil skirts and a jacket with pockets. I have to go with skirts because of my height. I have tried the pants suits and I just don't feel comfortable in them. That and wearing a skirt makes it super easy to change your clothes in the back of your van after you are done in the ring.

Old 10-20-2012, 04:42 PM
The Littlest Hound

I have various dress pants/capris/blazers from talbot's (expensive but they LAST!!!) and a skirt & a dress that will go with said blazers from TJ Maxx.

I have shown in clean jeans & a nice top, but only at coonhound bench shows, where *everyone* is in jeans

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CH CCH CA 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage OFA Hips: Good

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 10-23-2012, 11:50 PM
Top Dog

A little off topic, but I have to say, Kady, you are rocking that suit! I competed in speech in high school, and we had to wear suits for competition, and I still appreciate a well-fitted and classy suit! I have the hardest time finding suits that fit my body style, I always end up having them tailored. I'm thankful I'm not showing in Conformation right now lol.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:54 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaLilBitaLuck View Post
A little off topic, but I have to say, Kady, you are rocking that suit! I competed in speech in high school, and we had to wear suits for competition, and I still appreciate a well-fitted and classy suit! I have the hardest time finding suits that fit my body style, I always end up having them tailored. I'm thankful I'm not showing in Conformation right now lol.
Thanks! It's my favorite suit I have. I had to get it tailored a bit because I'm so tiny, but it turned out nice, I think