Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-22-2012, 01:16 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

i got curious & started reading about fetal death (stillbirth) & it seems to me that it has died, because she mentions that she has noticed her breasts "shrinking" like she was losing milk, she also mentioned being malnourished (Rick's reaction to the dog food tells me they might have had to stoop to eating it before) & as i understand it, anything that she eats gors to the baby & we all know what kind of low quality potentially dangerous stuff is in most dog foods that would have been found in most people's homes (pedigree, ALPO & the like)

Old 10-22-2012, 01:54 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Who do you guys think is watching Carol from the woods? just curious what you guys think? could it be Merle? or one of Phillip (the governor)'s men?
I have NO idea. I am really curious to find out what is up with that lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 10-22-2012, 02:09 PM

i think it might be someone from Woodbury.

Rick killed Tomas... just... OMG i was like 'holy ****!' i totally didnt see that coming!

also when Lori was giving hershel CPR & he grabbed her i was like "OH NO hershel zombie!!!"

Old 10-23-2012, 01:44 AM
Wu-Tang Steph

I'm REALLY curious if they will comic book Lori. It's pretty shocking, so I'm not sure if they will or not.

I also wonder in regards to the comic what they will do with the remaining two prisoners. I like what they did with the show in that regards more, because in the comic book they're basically like "Hey, people! Come join us! Sure, you were convicts at the time of the break out, but oh well people change amirite?"
Old 10-23-2012, 02:08 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoseWordsAtBest View Post
I'm REALLY curious if they will comic book Lori. It's pretty shocking, so I'm not sure if they will or not.
I hope not.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 10-23-2012, 11:05 AM
Top Dog

Skipped all the reading because I don't want spoilers.

But DH and I watched three episodes last night and we're getting into it. This show is WAY different from the comics and game. Like, almost no similarities at all. That always annoys me. lol Why call it "The Walking Dead" if the story line has nearly nothing in common with The Walking Dead?

Lyz and Zander
zaner-waner-fluffy-butt <3

'05 Siberian Husky

Old 10-23-2012, 07:03 PM

Well the creator, Robert kirkman is behind the show too so he mentioned that some of the things that happen are things that are his ideas

Old 10-23-2012, 09:37 PM
and Spy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoseWordsAtBest View Post
I like what they did with the show in that regards more, because in the comic book they're basically like "Hey, people! Come join us! Sure, you were convicts at the time of the break out, but oh well people change amirite?"
I agree, I think the decisions made regarding the prisoners in the show was stronger plot-wise than what they did in the comic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
This show is WAY different from the comics and game. Like, almost no similarities at all. That always annoys me. lol Why call it "The Walking Dead" if the story line has nearly nothing in common with The Walking Dead?
Nearly nothing in common seems a bit drastic, the show follows the same general path and includes many of the characters from the comics. They made it very clear from the get-go that they would be adapting the comic to a tv version because

a) often comics and books don't translate well into tv shows and movies

b) some aspects of the comic would be difficult to shoot

c) he wanted to keep the audience guessing and not have them know exactly what was going to happen to whom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:15 PM

I think if they comic "off" Lori then they (since this is basic cable not HBO, show time or whatever where you can get away with what're you want) they would have to be creative about what they show (as if dissecting walkers own bad enough uke: )

No I did in seed but she is the one who reins him in when he talks back to Lori tho, & he runs off all embarrassed & maybe feeling betrayed by both his mom & his (crush???) Beth. I like that as much as he's "grown up" he still has that immaturity about him that I would consider consistent with a 13-14 yr old kid.

As far as Tomas, there was this moment of them looking at each other & (at least for me) I saw this sort of realization in Rick's face that this guy was going to be trouble. He tried to work with him, even offering to help clear another portion of the prison, Rick & his group could have easily kicked them out but he tried to work when them.

Tho Don't know why Rick "killed" Andrew & treated axel & Oscar that way because to me they seemed like good guys. Tho it does seem ironic that Rick has gone from "we don't kill he living" to putting a machete thru someone's skull.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:04 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Anyone see last nights episode?
I totally liked the governor (even though I read some of the comics and didn't like him)... until that last scene of the headless pets. Creeeeepy lol

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o