Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-22-2012, 02:12 PM
Top Dog

Ok, I'll confess. Lady Cheshire the cat has a cosmetic tattoo. It was put on while she was under to be spayed.

All of our shelters animals have an ID number tattood in the right ear, just in case. Chesh was somehow overlooked and never assigned a number. I wanted her to be done for ID purposes since she is a purebred and desirable animal, and I just didn't want there to be any questions.

The tech doing the tattooing offered to do two eyes and a smile in her ear instead of a number. It's cute, and she didn't seem to feel any discomfort afterwards.

Would I put an animal under just to do it? No. Is it the worst thing that's happened to Lady Chesh? Nope.

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:41 PM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSins View Post
As someone who is pro-crop/dock for aesthetical purposes, it would be a bit hypocritical of me to suggest that tattooing is "unethical" straight across the board. So I'm going to go against the grain and say "it depends." Something that could be completed in one session under general anesthesia, similar to an ear crop? Sure, why not. Would I personally do it? No, because I don't personally find it aesthetically pleasing.
Without reading the entire thread (read the first 3 pages) the above is my feelings all the way around.

Same way I feel about tats on people too, LOL......you want them? go ahead...I won't stop you or look down on you for having them. (my oldest son and daughter both have 2 each) I don't find them aesthetically pleasing, so I won't get any, LOL
Old 10-22-2012, 03:44 PM
Top Dog

Honestly, if I had a Sphinx cat... I'd consider it. Lol. That one tattooed all over looks pretty bad ass.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 10-22-2012, 10:09 PM
Active Pup

I have two sphynx cats and wouldn't dream of tattooing them - or any animal for that matter.