Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 10-22-2012, 02:55 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsydals View Post
Lyzelle, they do although over here it is pretty rare. I think the long haired dalmatians occur more often than the "other" colors here.
But here is a link that shows you the different colors and what not. There is quite a few different pages too.

http://paisleydals.com/color.html
That's neat! Learn something new every day.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:57 PM
Owned by Belgians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
So I learned something today. Lol. Do reputable breeders breed white GSD's?
I know this person from the GSD forum and they are very reputable. Okay, I thought she was a breeder, but it looks like just rescue. Those dogs are beautiful, though.

http://www.echodogs.org/
Old 10-22-2012, 05:14 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
That's neat! Learn something new every day.
Its pretty neat that Sue put that page up. Because its hard(for me atleast) to imagine dalmatians in other colors besides the black and liver. I think with the color testing that can be done now, the likely hood of the off colors happening are going to be come rarer and rarer.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:36 AM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsydals View Post
Its pretty neat that Sue put that page up. Because its hard(for me atleast) to imagine dalmatians in other colors besides the black and liver. I think with the color testing that can be done now, the likely hood of the off colors happening are going to be come rarer and rarer.
Which means the BYB/puppymills will start charging more and more

I still wish blue wasn't shunned in the Pem world
Old 11-15-2012, 02:50 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
All this talk of brindle actually has me thinking. I don't believe I've ever heard of a brindle Sibe. But I don't think it's ever been said that it can't happen.
Solid brindle I've not heard of, but Lily has a lot of striping and from the reading I've done its very common for striping to occur in Agouti dogs. I personally love that she's sable/agouti with heavy brindle striping.
She's got stripes down her legs and on top of her head too, but they are fading a bit because her face and feet are graying early bigtime. This is a pretty old pic, but it shows the ones on her back/sides well.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:52 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Siberian Husky
Allowed Colors - All naturally-occurring colors to the Sibe are allowed.
Not allowed - Recessive red, Merle, albinism and roaning/ticking do not exist in the Sibe. Any dogs displaying these colors are usually products of outcrosses to other breeds, mistakenly or otherwise.
Anything else - There aren't any colors that are "undesirable" but there are a lot of uncommon colors, like tan point/black and tan without white and saddle back. Solid colored dogs aren't too terribly common, either. No colors are linked to health issues. Pinto in the Sibe does NOT cause deafness.
I saw a couple Sibe heavy pinto and merle sled dogs in the shelter last winter. Omfg I wanted to take them home! More from the retarded husky grins though ecause I don't usually care for merle or mostly white dogs.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:01 PM
such sights to show you

I love black and tan huskies so much.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:38 PM
Top Dog

Srsly, black and tan huskies are gorgeous!
Old 11-15-2012, 06:44 PM
Top Dog

Definitely! I wish black and tan were more common. I love high (but not necessarily loud) pinto's too, like Lily. Just the perfect amount of white. And the brindling is cool, too. I've definitely noticed it on Agouti's, even on some Wolf Grey's, and it's super neat, IMO. I wonder if it's just harder to see because of the longer hair.

Merle doesn't exist in purebred Sibes, though. Only from outcrossed lines. I'm not entirely sure why someone is trying to breed it in. We have ZERO health issues from the naturally occurring colors. Why mess that up for the sake of "pretty"? Sigh.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:15 PM
Top Dog

Probably so. I know Lily's coat looks like I just raked it and left rake lines even when its been two weeks, lol. Her coat texture is a bit more GSD than Sibe... its interesting.

Its really common to breed BC's into distance sled dogs. Probably thats how. It probably wasn't bred for color, but for mushing.