Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Top Dog

Meh, I don't care, it's not hurting anyone. Then again, I really don't think anything is weird or wrong unless it is explicitly hurting someone or something. And besides, humans drink cow milk
Old 10-21-2012, 12:46 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picklepaige View Post
Meh, I don't care, it's not hurting anyone. Then again, I really don't think anything is weird or wrong unless it is explicitly hurting someone or something. And besides, humans drink cow milk
Not straight from the cow.....

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:17 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
Not straight from the cow.....
You haven't met some of the country kids around here lol.

I just think it's kind of ridiculous that people are saying this is "animal abuse" because it's unnatural, but it's fine and dandy to chop off organs and ears and feed them corn and whatnot.

I think people spend too much time freaking out about something that's weird (I'm not denying that it's not) when it's not actually hurting anyone. But that's just me
Old 10-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picklepaige View Post
You haven't met some of the country kids around here lol.
They might grab the udder in their hand and squirt in to their mouth, but they’re not putting their entire mouth over the udder and suckling. Anatomically the human mouth and cow udder don’t work together.

And FTR I do think its weird how we’re okay with humans drinking cow’s milk but skeeved at the though of humans drinking human milk.
~Suzanne Clothier
Old 10-21-2012, 01:38 PM
Glutton for Crazy

I'm curious if those who see no issue with this unnatural act are comfortable with others, such as inappropriate licking and touching.

This is not for nutrition, this is for emotional benefit of the owner.

You cannot compare it to something that can save a life, and have a reasonable argument, like tiger cubs nursing off a pig.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandra View Post
It's perverse because she isn't doing it because the dog needs milk. You breastfeed your kid because they need it. You might breastfeed a fawn or other nursing animal, especially if you live in an undeveloped area where you can't just summon up a bottle and some milk replacer.

If you are breastfeeding an adult dog in the USA, I can't help but think you find it gratifying in some way. Which is weird.
This. Someone in a third world country feeds their livestock because they depend on them for survival. If the goat/pig/cow dies, the family suffers.

This is just crazy.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:02 PM
SevenSins

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
I'm curious if those who see no issue with this unnatural act are comfortable with others, such as inappropriate licking and touching.
Exactly, I'm wondering the same.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:03 PM
Top Dog

I don't think it's strange that we drink animal milk but are weirded out by drinking human milk. I find human secretions more nasty than animal secretions. I would rather be peed on by an animal than a human. Animal saliva barely even registers, but human saliva does (still not really worried but it's different). I think a lot of people feel the same way. I mean getting dog **** on your shoe is one thing, getting human ****? Whole new level of gross

Plus, human secretions are just more... personal. Animals are just animals, but with human milk... you're drinking someone's secretion. That's the best I can explain it.

I'm in the boat that this is "weird." I can't really think of it as "wrong" though. The most harm I can think of the situation generating is the dog getting inappropriate nourishment (dairy lol), and the woman indulging in what I interpret as being a mentally unhealthy behavior. As far as sexual acts with animals, I'm of the opinion that it is ridiculous and you should probably get help if you are so inclined, but you can do what you want with your animals as long as you aren't causing them any more discomfort than the society's status quo.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:19 PM
I'm All Ears

I don't think it's ABUSE per say. It's definitely weird and I really think therapy might be beneficial to the lady in the story. She seems to be feeling guilty for not being able to breast feed her children and is in a way replacing the children with the dog to help her feel better about her mothering skills. To me that is not healthy. It's not a healthy relationship with your animals. Substituting animal relationships for human ones isn't healthy. And I say that as someone who absolutely loves their dogs and spends a lot of my free time with them. There's a line somewhere, imo.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:20 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post

This is not for nutrition, this is for emotional benefit of the owner.

You cannot compare it to something that can save a life, and have a reasonable argument, like tiger cubs nursing off a pig.
This.
This dog isn't malnourished, this isn't just a "eww.. it looks weird!" thing

this is also an issue of thinking of the vast emotional issues that would cause someone to want to do this. This isn't about the dog needing nourishment, this is for her emotional benefit... for her to feel like a better mother.
which yea, is very weird to have those feelings towards a dog.

In other countries perhaps, where people depend on their animals and the animal needs nourishment...I'm sure these things happen. Mammals are adaptable and do what they need to do to survive.

..but this isn't about nourishment or survival. This is about her emotional problems.

And ya, I think that's weird.