Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-14-2005, 09:33 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I don't even let my dog sit on the floor when we go to the vet. I make them get up on a chair next to me. Bad care is one vet issue..taking you to the cleaners is another. It breaks my heart to hear people talk about what their vet charged for and what they did that was totally unecessary. The sitcom King of the Hill had me lol last night for they hit the target perfectly. Anybody else see it? It was on late night.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:04 AM
Top Dog

hehe same here. I don't even let my dog walk in the vet. I carry him inside and out. Sometimes you thing the vet is clean but when you look closely there tons of hair everywhere on the floor and wall corners. I went to the restroom in a vet and I couldn't believe how much hair there was in there. If I didn't look closely I wouldn't of notice. Just gotta look closely.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:14 AM

I've mentioned before that I've had problems finding a good vet. I hope this new guy works out.....seems ok so far. I could go on and on, too. One thing is for sure in my mind, if they are going to charge such ridiculous prices then I expect excellent care. I would have been angry, too!!! My old vet charged an extra $100.00 if your pet had to stay overnight......that was added to any surgery, testing, etc. bill.

How's little Beulah feeling????
Old 02-15-2005, 09:11 AM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

Beulah is back to her old self. I have to make her calm down sometimes so she doesn't bust open her stitches. She's wanting to run and jump around all the time now. She's back to being goofy. Ever since she has been back home, she is constantly right there behind me. I know I've tripped over her several times while I was trying to clean the house...LOL She is very clingy right now.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:16 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

We have the humane soceity vet service in Kc..anyone can go, it is not just income based..their one rule is that if your pet is not neutered, they will see it only one time.
They charge a 5 dollar office visit and all the rest is non profit. =There are two women vets that are just top notch....The best I have seen in a long time. Mary's eye surgery with both perscriptions, eye, and arthritis, cost me 35 dollars. Sometimes you have a wiat awhile, but no longer than I have waited at my own doc! I wish you had something like that where you live.
Most animals have nervous shedding when they go to the vet..what I worry about is things like parvo that are carried in the feces...somehow having my dog lay down where there have been sick animals seems risky..