Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 10-19-2012, 10:12 AM
Top Dog

Gambit gets hyena some times. Once I heard African Wild Dog. For some odd reason, truckers usualy peg him as a coy. I also hear Aussie, Catahoula and Koolie on occastion.

God, I need some new pictures of Gambit.

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:23 PM
Top Dog

Mine all get called Whippets. I can understand Katy, as she's a Whippet cross, but the other two are much larger in height and general build that her, but they are still Whippets

My Photos
Old 10-19-2012, 03:07 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

With Rose, it was always, "Lab and...?" LOL Which is understandable. When I would say, "Shepherd" or "Cattle Dog", they'd be like, "Oh, okay, that makes sense."

Chloe has been pegged as a Collie, an Australian Shepherd, and a Border Collie. I typically say collie mix.

Cynder...never a breed, just, "What a good little dog." LOL

People don't seem to believe me when I say Gracie is a Dachshund, possibly because she isn't fat. My Grandma asked me if she was the same breed as Bailey (my cousin's Dachshund), because Bailey is super overweight and she couldn't see them as they same type of dog.

Cooper was pegged as a Schnauzer once, but I do cut him in a Schnauzer cut, so...lol

Old 11-09-2012, 12:57 PM
love herds

Pretty well everyone I run into on our walks tells me 'Nice Scottie!' I just think it is weird as I have seen ONE scottie in my life and there are four westies within one block of my house alone, they seem to be much more popular.

Desoto gets ACD, which I kind of get (despite the fact that he a merle with a ton of white trim) but one guy was absolutely convinced that I was wrong about him being an Aussie. He gets the odd husky mix but it is mostly just what breed is that?

"A dog of uncanny brain and great loving loyal heart and with a dancing sense of fun, a dog with a soul."- Albert Payson Terhune (lad)
Old 12-07-2012, 01:56 PM
Mountain Dawg

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but it was too funny, I had to share. I was walking Lugia in my neighbourhood, and as you can see in the pic below, she is a tiny little Silken Windhound. An older gentleman stopped me and said, "Wow, what a beautiful dog! Is she a... GREAT DANE??" I get tons of creative guesses as to Lugia's breed, but I think that was my favourite. She's 19" at the shoulder and 21 lbs... lol.

More typical guesses: Saluki, border collie x whippet, smooth collie

Old 12-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Top Dog

I had a child ask if Holly was a reindeer once. Granted, she's the right colour and we were in a Christmas Parade at the time (yes, dressed the poor dears as reindeer, LOL). Hector (RIP) was in a Santa suit and nobody mistook HIM for the real deal.

Somebody asked if Hector was a Pit Bull, probably because he was a dark brindle. But he was also 85+ lbs at the time and not really overweight, so on the large side for a greyhound.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintage View Post
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but it was too funny, I had to share. I was walking Lugia in my neighbourhood, and as you can see in the pic below, she is a tiny little Silken Windhound. An older gentleman stopped me and said, "Wow, what a beautiful dog! Is she a... GREAT DANE??" I get tons of creative guesses as to Lugia's breed, but I think that was my favourite. She's 19" at the shoulder and 21 lbs... lol.

More typical guesses: Saluki, border collie x whippet, smooth collie

I'd totally guess border whippet.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Chloe has been called a husky puppy, and a JRT. I think that's about it.

DSC_9098.jpg by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Tucker's been called a yorkie, a papillon, and a pomeranian:

DSC_9056.jpg by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Emma's been called a pomeranian:

Do I have cream cheese on my face? by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Rylie has only been called a chihuahua.

Rory is frequently called a brittany. We've had to argue that he's a border collie. He's also been called a borzoi (wtf???), golden retriever (another wtf???), aussie (which I can understand), and I think that's about it.

DSC_8652.jpg by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 12-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Big Dog

Zoe gets Greyhound a lot. I've been told she looks like an African Wild Dog and an "exotic cat." Mostly we just get asked "what is she???" Always. Everywhere. I was told by someone that it's the brindle coloring that makes people do that.

Near as I can tell by her mom that was at the pound with her and what she grew into, she's Pit/Dane/Lab? That's in order of how sure I am of each.

Last edited by Sparrow; 12-08-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Top Dog

Henry has gotten German Shepherd, Doberman, beagle, and bluetick coonhound. Umm, aren't they blue? Lol. The beagle isn't far off, we think one of his parents was a beagle mix, but he is way bigger than a purebred beagle. He's 19 inches tall and about 34 pounds.

IMAG1477 by chance1191, on Flickr

IMAG1494 by chance1191, on Flickr

IMG_0003 by chance1191, on Flickr