Mother-of-three watches in horror as her American Bulldog is stabbed 23 times

crazedACD

The next time your Dachshund is in the mouth of another dog you let us know how you feel about it. I beat a dog with the end of my leash off of Zoie and Skye when it ran up off leash and engaged with them.

The bulldog was STILL ALIVE and breathing at the end of ordeal, at least long enough for the owner to cuddle it and ask for help.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I've always found pain to intensify a fight amongst bulldogs. Break sticks or cutting off air flow (which can be dangerous) by choking the dog out seems to be the cleanest method. Of course, even in my life and having seen more fights than I ever wanted to, I can say that even I get overwhelmed and frantic when its emotional.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
To me, the number of times is irrelevant. If the dog was still attacking the whole time then the man was fighting in self defense (or rather, defense of his dog). If the dog backed off and was trying get away at some point and the guy chased after him and continued the attack, then the guy went overboard and that opens another series of hard questions.

That said, whether the guy with the knives was right or wrong does not in any way diminish the fault of the attacking dog's owner who, as I understand it, was letting a known DA dog run about unsupervised and loose, endangering her dog and every other dog in the vicinity. People like that are a waste of perfectly good gravity.
This.

It's a horrible situation for ALL involved. but at the end of the day, you let your DA dog run around loose.. you are putting your dog in the situation where it could attack another animal and you are OFFERING your dog up to whatever the person who owns this animal or the animal itself might do in reaction to that.

I don't know what I'd do in that situation. Maybe I would stab a dog 23 times if that's what it took to get this dog off mine. Adrenaline is a powerful thing...as are bulldogs.

There are stories of women in natural disasters lifting cars to save their infants.
HAVE YOU EVER LIFTED A CAR?! It seems INSANE right?!
.. but hey, you don't know what you are going to do if someone you love is in trouble.

I wish the dog hadn't been stabbed.. but not as much as I wish that person would use a **** leash and keep their DA dog away from others in the first place.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Honestly? If I saw something attacking with intent to kill the dog I've loved and lived with for 11 years, I very well might LOSE MY MIND and kill it too. I'm not saying the guy was right in the head, but I can absolutely understand the psycho adrenaline rush when something you love is in danger.

On the flip side? The bulldog's owner didn't do right by her dog. Leash or not, accidents can happen, but if my dog latched onto another dog, I wouldn't think twice about kicking my dog in the head, hitting with the end of the leash, grabbing an ear and twisting, whatEVER it took. I would NOT leave it up to the other dog's owner to stop MY dog. If it's true that she just went to her dog and stroked him, then seriously - what the f.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
It's one thing to SAY what you'd do (ie stab the dog), but I highly doubt anyone actually would. I really do.

Xandra

I doubt many would go full on, hilt-deep stabbing from the get go. It's a dog, and it's someone else's dog at that. But I honestly think a lot of people, if they had a knife, would try something when it was clear things were looking really bad for their pet. Starting with jabbing and sticking it progressively deeper as nothing was working... that I can see. I think you underestimate people if you think everyone would just stand by and breakdown when they had the means to stop it.

Personally, if yanking on the flank skin didn't work I would be choking the dog before I would be stabbing at it. But if, for some reason, it came down to using a knife, and I just let one of my pets be shaken and crunched to death because I was too squeamish to do the right thing, I would be so disappointed in myself.

Xandra

I don't think you could do much to a determined ambull with a stick. A baseball bat, really hard, to the head, maybe. But keep in mind the dog is probably moving around. It wouldn't be easy.

Miakoda

Would y'all, who defended the man's actions, still do the same if it was his dog that was the off-leash aggressor?

yoko

Would y'all, who defended the man's actions, still do the same if it was his dog that was the off-leash aggressor?
Is his dog killing the other dog and punches and kicks are doing absolutely nothing? Yeah.

I'm sorry but

Yoshi > strange dog killing yoshi

Last edited:

Miakoda

Is his dog killing the other dog and pinched and kicks are doing absolutely nothing? Yeah.

I'm sorry but

Yoshi > strange dog killing yoshi
I just ask because I did have a few people who defended the guy who killed Mia.

I just have a hard time thinking along those lines, as I watched MY dog get fatally shot in the middle of the street all because someone else let their dog run loose, try to attack my child and/or myself, and end up in a fight with my dog. So basically, because my dog was the APBT, she deserved to die to save the other dog's life.....

Romy

Taxiderpy
I just ask because I did have a few people who defended the guy who killed Mia.

I just have a hard time thinking along those lines, as I watched MY dog get fatally shot in the middle of the street all because someone else let their dog run loose, try to attack my child and/or myself, and end up in a fight with my dog. So basically, because my dog was the APBT, she deserved to die to save the other dog's life.....
Your situation is totally different though, as Mia was on leash and the other dog was the one who was running loose and attacked. If I recall, he went for the baby initially and Mia intervened. She is a hero. The guy who did that murdered her, and in the process put everyone watching in danger when he discharged his weapon.

His dog was also bigger than Mia. ((((hugs)))) It's so sad either way. Both deaths would have been prevented if people would just keep their friggin dogs on leashes.

ETA: his dog bit you too. If anything, it would be understandable if someone had to use lethal force on that dog. The douche who took Mia deserves, just, bad stuff. He created the situation, he escalated it, and then he ended it in the most damaging, worst possible way.

Barbara!

I think she means if you would stab the dog, even if it had been the other dog that was off leash and at fault. If in this case the bulldog hasn't been off leash, and the mans dog attacked him, but the bulldog just happened to be winning.

Romy

Taxiderpy
If he stabbed your dog to death, even though his was the off-leash aggressor.
Not just no, but heck no.

If someone lets their animal off leash they're subjecting them to whatever horrors might be perpetrated on a loose dog. Be it traffic, wildlife, crazy mean people, farmers protecting their livestock, etc.

If a loose animal's actions put it in danger that does not give the person who chose to let their dog run loose the right to use lethal force to "protect" it. The time to protect it was back when they made the decision not to put that leash on. And I don't care whether it's attacking a dog, a horse, a pig, duck, whatever (my old muscovy duck's sire killed a GSD that was mauling his hens and the dog's owner tried to sue them :rolleyes: ).

Members online