Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-15-2012, 12:41 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Hahahahaha yes.

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:06 PM
Active Pup

I lurk because I pretty much live at work and never seem to have the energy to type when I'm actually sitting in front of the computer... after I'm done lurking, that is. :P This is one of my visits every time I'm online... just not to post, lol.

Also, because I'd love to post pictures of my boy, but all I have is a crap cell phone camera.

I guess I can try to post. xD Sometime...
Old 10-17-2012, 12:23 PM
Wild At Heart

I'm a lurker more these days because I'm super busy! When I'm on the computer I'm usually doing school - fun Sometimes I just see what I've been missing, but don't post much these days.

Harleigh <3
Old 10-17-2012, 12:39 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
Something you guys gotta remember, the ones saying someone already said what your stance is, is that it feels nice to have people agree with you. I know I personally don't need someone to say "That's my take on it as well" or "very well thought out post" "or that was very helpful" or whatever but it always feels nice to know you are not alone in your thoughts or that someone appreciated what you posted even if they have nothing new to add.
If this isn't the truth! Here have some of these

lol It always is nice to be quoted, and particularly nice to be agreed with. It's top notch when you state a strong opinion that is controversial and people like it.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Are you dead yet?

Most of the time, I lurk because I don't have anything of value to contribute.

I don't lurk here because I've been here for over 8 years and if it's on my mind, I'm usually posting it. I used to care if people agreed or even noticed, but now it's almost a therapeutic thing for me to just type out a post, even if I never look at it again.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:05 PM
aka RedHotBabe

I feel like a lurker, but my post count doesn't really support that feeling.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by autofail View Post
I lurk because I pretty much live at work and never seem to have the energy to type when I'm actually sitting in front of the computer... after I'm done lurking, that is. :P This is one of my visits every time I'm online... just not to post, lol.

Also, because I'd love to post pictures of my boy, but all I have is a crap cell phone camera.

I guess I can try to post. xD Sometime...
I real lurker has appeared!

Old 10-17-2012, 08:25 PM
Lab Love

I feel like threads move too fast for me. Chaz has huge threads and usually what I want to say had already been said. Even though I have been here for four years (I've been lurking for longer than that, closer to 6yrs) the clique here is still sort of intimidating and often I feel like I'm intruding on private conversations. Sometimes other posters (and i) will post in a established thread and it gets blown over. So meh.

Duke - 3yr old Labrador Retriever
Old 10-17-2012, 08:35 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhucca View Post
I feel like threads move too fast for me. Chaz has huge threads and usually what I want to say had already been said. Even though I have been here for four years (I've been lurking for longer than that, closer to 6yrs) the clique here is still sort of intimidating and often I feel like I'm intruding on private conversations. Sometimes other posters (and i) will post in a established thread and it gets blown over. So meh.
I do understand feeling like there is a clique I use to feel like that a LOT when I first joined. Most people are pretty welcoming and there is definitely a group that knows each other and some have even met up with each other. The problem is, is to become a part of conversations you have to just jump in and keep posting.

Maybe try posting pic threads? There may not be many posts but a lot of people will see it and even that lets people get to know you/your dogs a little bit.

XD I post Yoshi pics/videos a lot. I MIGHT get a couple replies but as someone who doesn't compete with my dog, doesn't have a cool rare breed, and who has a mediocre camera most of the time I don't really expect more replies I just like showing off my dog lol

Old 10-17-2012, 08:57 PM
Lab Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
I do understand feeling like there is a clique I use to feel like that a LOT when I first joined. Most people are pretty welcoming and there is definitely a group that knows each other and some have even met up with each other. The problem is, is to become a part of conversations you have to just jump in and keep posting.

Maybe try posting pic threads? There may not be many posts but a lot of people will see it and even that lets people get to know you/your dogs a little bit.

XD I post Yoshi pics/videos a lot. I MIGHT get a couple replies but as someone who doesn't compete with my dog, doesn't have a cool rare breed, and who has a mediocre camera most of the time I don't really expect more replies I just like showing off my dog lol
I don't think Chaz is intentionally excluding people. I don't find it unwelcoming or anything, just hard to compete with. I post pic threads (probably most of my posts come from that, lol) I think most of my problem is that I'm a lazy poster. lol

Duke - 3yr old Labrador Retriever