Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Agility and Dog Sports

Old 10-17-2012, 06:43 PM
Top Dog

Default Conformation outfits?

What do you like/suggest? I'll need to get some show clothing but not sure what the best deal is - don't want to get stuff I can only wear in conformation!

I am thinking medium/longer skirts with sweaters or nice tops of some kind - things that I can mix and match and wear. Not too worried about the latest fashion for the show world...
Old 10-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Behavior Nerd

If I end up showing Aeri in confo I'll prob end up getting dress pants with pockets and pair them with various nice shirts - no swirly skirts with a very easily wound up malinois, here!

Old 10-17-2012, 07:35 PM
Aussie Obssessed

I'd like to see others responses. I have yet to find an outfit I truly like for showing in. most stuff doesn't fit my body type very well. Right now I either wear jeans if it's a barn show or dress pants if it's a non barn show, and one of three dress tops. I would certainly like a nice pants suit set with a nice blazer if I could ever find a blazer that fit me.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:22 PM
Top Dog

I have khakis and a pair of grey pants I pair with some knit tops for conformation, but I don't like them very much. I can't wear black because Logan is black, so my choices are a bit limited. I need to find a new outfit, too.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:25 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

If you go for skirts, you need it skirt suitish length, pencil like.. I had issues wanting to look nice but still move. I got judge feedback that my skirts were out doing my dog. Needed shorter or more understated. Though I tried to go for plain, Anything swishy at all I was told was too much in a nice non snarky way.

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 10-17-2012, 08:41 PM
Aussie Obssessed

something like this is what I'd love but never fits me correctly
Old 10-17-2012, 08:44 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Yeah a pant suit like that is basically what I have, though in all grey since I have a black dog. Haven't shown yet but at least I have the clothes lol. Plus I actually use that suit for work sometimes so it earns its keep At least until I ruin it at a dog show...

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 10-17-2012, 09:08 PM
Top Dog

I generally wear nicer pants, and a dressy (ish) top. I buy pretty much all my show clothes at Ross, so I just kind of get what I find in a given trip. I had the best pair of pants, here, you can see them in this picture:

Scary to wear off-white pants, but they set off my dogs pretty well. Due to my short, heavy build, it's hard for me to buy pants that actually fit. The legs tend to be too long, so I buy capris or other shorter type pants. Anyway, these are awesome because they have a little bit of spandex in the blend, so they still look and feel like natural fiber, but they have some give. So I can run straight from the breed ring, to performance in them, as I did here.

Unfortunately, a dog chewed out one of the pockets, and now one of the seams is popped. I might see if I can mend it (I'm no seamstress), because they really are the best pants I've had.

When I was showing at Eukanuba a few years ago, I did buy a skirt suit to wear. I found the perfect one, also at Ross, in tan shades. I wore it a few other times at indoor shows, just because I had it, but it was a bit big for me, and I ripped a seam in the skirt kneeling on it, so I'm done with it. I prefer to wear pants, anyway.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:29 PM
Top Dog

If it's AKC, I usually wear a pant suit. I literally do not OWN a skirt or a dress, so I still haven't ventured into skirts and all that LOL. Here's one of mine:

(will someone please come yell at me ringside and tell me to look UP!)

For UKC, either black or khaki pants with a nice top. I'm lucky with Sako, I can wear just about anything (except white pants) and it works.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:30 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

I have one tan pencil skirt that I use exclusively for conformation (I have no need for a skirt otherwise LOL) that I pair with different tops:

Otherwise, I wear nice khakis or dress pants with appropriate tops, depending on venue, weather, etc:

(This was the same day as a conformation trial so I obviously just wore the same thing LOL):

One day I hope to be able to afford a nice pants suit (or at least a suit jacket), but I don't show all that much, so it's not huge on my priority list. I've also gotten in to the habit of just putting bait in my armband, but if I do get a suit jacket, I would love one with good pockets to put bait in there instead.

Loistava's Jari CGC - 18 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 6 years old (M)