Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 10-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Top Dog

Wow.... Zuma is seriously full of awesome. And so are you! My problem is I am sooo uncoordinated and Jackson could probably pull off a lot of the stuff if he had a human behind it who knew what she was doing, LOL.

Seriously Zuma looks great.

Old 10-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Top Dog

You guys all rock, thank you for the comments! As you could probably tell from my previous post, I've been getting a tad frustrated lately. I'm glad I took a step back and went back to takes on our leg vaults instead of throws, it put the fun back into it. All of your comments made me smile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
Okay, this is awesome and looks like a lot of fun!!
Thanks!! It is so much fun. So. Much. I'm 100% addicted. What I love is the ability to just create tricks, you get scored higher for being unique so I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Zuma is so awesome!

I wanna frisbee dog!
Fromo can catch frisbee. You just have to throw it low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Awesome awesome and more awesome. I have so much respect and envy for you guys and your disc dogs.
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9krazee View Post
I love all the videos!

....and I want a frisbee dog!
Get one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
Wow.... Zuma is seriously full of awesome. And so are you! My problem is I am sooo uncoordinated and Jackson could probably pull off a lot of the stuff if he had a human behind it who knew what she was doing, LOL.

Seriously Zuma looks great.
Oh tell me about it!! I am so uncoordinated. About half of the playdates that are put on by my club are centered around throwing. They bring out a huge bucket full of discs and everyone just throws. I've learned so much from that. I have to remember to make more time to just sit outside and throw because the only way to get better with something like this is practice.

You can see in the video the toss where I throw it behind me is really wonky. I just added that and apparently need to practice it a ton more.

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 10-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Resident fainting goat

Which do you think is better for a first time beginner puppy disc (just for rolling them around and teaching basic fetch and stuff) Soft disc or Kong puppy flyer kind of soft rubber?

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Which do you think is better for a first time beginner puppy disc (just for rolling them around and teaching basic fetch and stuff) Soft disc or Kong puppy flyer kind of soft rubber?
Either! I love the West Paws rubber disc, holds up so much better than the Kong puppy disc.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:12 PM
Twin 2

Zuma is amazing. Just so you know.

Fran, I used this

Mainly because I got it for dirt cheap but Didgie was really attracted to the sound the canvass material made. It's help up well too.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Resident fainting goat

Here's to hoping the disc dog gene can be genetic! He looks like he is having so much fun!

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Top Dog

Nice toss and catch!! He does look like he's having fun!

Old 10-16-2012, 04:38 PM
Top Dog

Eeekkk, Jackson caught his first somewhat long distance throw... I was sooo happy and he was SO into the game today -- very energetic and pumped up for the disc. Of course, I've come to realize it's probably my throws causing him to not be able to catch lol. It was a really good, nice, smooth sailing throw that began to fall *just* at the right time... I think what I was doing before was maybe throwing it too high for him (he's a little dude) and then when it's almost falling down directly on him from a high distance, that's why he would let it drop to the ground first and then retrieve it. But today it was a great low yet long distance-ish throw and he caught it perfectly! Of course I couldn't copy that throw again.... so I'm going to have to practice without him, and try to get it down!

Old 10-16-2012, 05:03 PM
Top Dog

Woooohooooo! Go Jackson!! Throwing really is the trickiest part of disc.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:58 PM
Top Dog

woohooo! I think I solved my vault problem! We did some killer leg vaults and some great back vaults today!

Here's a video of our back vaults, the last 3 were awesome. Can't wait to start adding height to it, but one step at a time!