Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 10-16-2012, 09:37 AM
Top Dog

Wow.... sad all around. Obviously 23 times seem a bit major but I agree... if there was a dog attacking my dog out on the street .... I would pretty much do anything to protect my dog. He's the most important. And I would do whatever it took.

Take one second to imagine your dog in the head of a MUCH larger animal, probably shrieking, being violentally attacked, you see blood, you are thinking your dog is going to die and he's dying a very painful death... you can't tell me you wouldn't go to extreme measures, and when you do think of something (getting a knife), you are going to sit there and be thinking about "oh I'm probably stabbing this dog too many times...". NO, you just want your dog to be okay. And it sounds like the guy acted quick enough because his dog IS still alive.

Not to mention, it sounds like this dog had a history of acting like this and free roaming. He said it had gone after a kid before too.

Sad all around.

Brit & Jackson

Old 10-16-2012, 09:59 AM
Top Dog

I don't think a knife would be my first choice either but when you are freaking out like that you aren't thinking clearly.

I find it to be kind of a double standard that people here understand getting frustrated and hitting their dogs but for a guy who's dog was being attacked by another dog who would not let go they are worried if he stabbed too much. Honestly I'd stab until it let go be it 20 or 30. I also don't think in the heat of the moment with your adrenaline going crazy 23 stabs is going to be out of the question especially if the dog still won't let go.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:41 AM
Top Dog

I am honestly shocked at the idea that someone would try to defend this man. But hey, to each their own.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 10-16-2012, 11:08 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
I am honestly shocked at the idea that someone would try to defend this man. But hey, to each their own.
And I'm shocked you would ok hitting your own dog because you are incapable of self control and would defend someone for purposely starving a puppy.

But to each their own.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:21 AM
such sights to show you

Oh god I just died of irony poisoning.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:31 AM
Top Dog

Very sad all round I don't believe 23 stabs were needed at all, seems like total overkill.

My Photos
Old 10-16-2012, 11:41 AM
Top Dog

Oh wow. I was totally against this guy going into the article but switched sides after reading it. This dog had a history of going after other dogs and the owner continued to let him out unsupervised, unleashed, unmuzzled? Who knows if 23 times is excessive or not. The dog very well could have been still holding on at bite 22 if the stabs weren't properly placed.

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 10-16-2012, 11:44 AM
Top Dog

I do feel sad for the dog...both that his life ended this way AND that he was saddled with an ignorant owner whose irresponsible actions led to this.

I know I would protect my dog in whatever way possible if they were attacked. I'm not sure that I, personally, could stab another dog, though. Although I've not actually been in that position, so who knows.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:45 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Oh god I just died of irony poisoning.
That's funny stuff
Old 10-16-2012, 11:45 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
And I'm shocked you would ok hitting your own dog because you are incapable of self control and would defend someone for purposely starving a puppy.

But to each their own.
Oh look, situations that have nothing to do with the OP and are unrelated that I knew would come up because you can't argue logic. Okay!

None of the situations are related.

We are human, we get upset. If we spank our dog out of a flourish of anger, but realize it is wrong, then I see no issue as long as we strive to be better next time. I apologize not everyone can have self-control like you Yoko... I guess we should all try to be just like you!

*I* do not believe she starved that puppy. Once again, unrelated. If I thought she had, then I would not have defended her.

This man consciously stabbed a dog twenty three times. Twenty three times. He thought about it, and did it. He was aware of what he was doing and had time to think about it (unlike someone who may strike their dog on impulse). To me, that is unacceptable and sick.

Again, logic.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb