Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2012, 09:41 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfell View Post
We are having this discussion because I refuse to get and discard dog after dog finding what works. I want to figure it out beforehand, get a dog, and have it have been the right choice. If I wasnt set on that, I would be another Jairi and I wouldnt be bitching about having to reject the GSD and Akita because of unsuitabilities. Iv got half a dozen people in person and online telling me a watered down Sibe would do perfectly, and half a dozen people telling me that NO Sibe, on ANY part of the spectrum, will suit me. I just dont know. This is why Im HERE, asking stupid questions.
I definitely think that fostering some sibes or sibe x would be a really enlightening step. Everybody has different definitions for terms like "drivey" and "sharp" and different ideas of what is a lot of activity and what is normal which is probably why you're getting a variety of answers. With fostering you'll get an idea of what exactly you do and don't like, and that information will help you find the right breed/lines for your needs.