Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-15-2012, 08:36 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Default Pumpkins?

Anyone have their pumpkins yet? anyone carved their pumpkins yet?

We went out to the pumpkin patch yesterday to pick ours.

Hannah waiting for the wagon to pick us up to take us out to the patch. yes... she's wearing cowgirl boots. What else would you wear to a farm? lol

Made it. Look at this crop. CRAZY. This was only one of their patches they had at least two others FULL of pumpkins

Another shot of the patch

Got our perfect pumpkins, we added a third small pumpkin too.

Three pumpkins makes a good drum set

cleaning out the pumpkins. Hannah was my supervisor. She wanted know part of getting her hands in slimey pumpkin guts. and we got TONS of seeds. mmmmm

First pumpkin, DONE

The second one is going to be Minnie Mouse and I don't know what we are doing with the small one lol

Show your pumpkins

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 10-15-2012, 08:38 AM
Top Dog

Wow I don't know how you do that lol. I guess I've never tried but I'm sure I would totally fail.

We have pumpkins but they'll probably just stay untouched on our porch like every year LOL. Maybe we'll make pumpkin pie or something.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:48 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran27 View Post
Wow I don't know how you do that lol. I guess I've never tried but I'm sure I would totally fail.

We have pumpkins but they'll probably just stay untouched on our porch like every year LOL. Maybe we'll make pumpkin pie or something.
well this year I cheated and used a template LOL but it was pretty tricky cutting some of those tiny angles lol.

I can't leave pumpkins untouched because I want the yummy goodness of the seeds inside hahaha

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 10-15-2012, 09:56 AM
Top Dog

I love pumpkins! I don't carve them just cook them and eat themXD

But probably not this year out pumpkin crops were horrible this year and the ones we have are so expensive

Old 10-15-2012, 10:12 AM
Top Dog

I LOVE PUMPKINS.

1- I had really similar cowgirl boots as a kid, I still have them actually. Hannah is super fashionable.

2- my parents went to get pumpkins yesterday, but I think they just went to a gardening center, I wasn't feeling up to going to the pumpkin patch this weekend and was really bummed

3- aren't your pumpkins going to rot before Halloween if you carve them already?!?

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 10-15-2012, 10:28 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
I LOVE PUMPKINS.

1- I had really similar cowgirl boots as a kid, I still have them actually. Hannah is super fashionable.

2- my parents went to get pumpkins yesterday, but I think they just went to a gardening center, I wasn't feeling up to going to the pumpkin patch this weekend and was really bummed

3- aren't your pumpkins going to rot before Halloween if you carve them already?!?
She is a little fashionista lol

To keep them from rotting you just put vaseline on any "open flesh" areas

G.K. Chesterton

Old 10-15-2012, 01:39 PM
APBT crazy!

Cool! I got my pumpkin at the store, it's a medium pumpkin but I will carve it soon.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:45 PM
Top Dog

I had a pumpkin carving party this weekend. Justalilbitaluck and PW came, even though PW was anti-pumpkin carving and pro-cupcake making.

Here are 4 of the pumpkins, mine is the owl and Justa's is the traditional pumpkin.

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 10-15-2012, 01:48 PM
Top Dog

Very nice! Even with a template I'd completely mess it up though. So I'm still impressed
Old 10-15-2012, 02:16 PM
Top Dog

Ok I LOVE that Cheshire Cat one! I may have to steal that idea and do one! Or tell my cousin to make one! We go to a pumpkin carving party at my cousin's every year usually a couple days before Halloween, so this year it will be the Sunday before and she usually gets lots of pumpkins so we don't have to buy any.

We did go to the pumpkin patch with my sister because she wanted to get a few pumpkins and some pictures, so the kids each got a little tiny one. And our neighbors gave Mason a small one that he colored with markers.