Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 10-15-2012, 12:36 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Has anyone actually tried acting out 23 stabs........

Once, twice.... three times even... but 23???
No, I've never stabbed anything or used a knife on anything that wasn't work related or on something I was going to put in my mouth.

I know If I couldn't break up the dogs and I ran to get a weapon that I knew would end it, I would use that weapon till it ended. I wouldn't go, well I stabbed it 3 times, I think that's enough and sit and try something else.

If at stab 22 a dog was still attacking, I'd go for 23 and most likely wouldn't even be counting. I'd go until it was enough to subdue and stop the attack.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:08 PM
Top Dog

The bulldog had a history of DA...and was let out off leash/not muzzled? What the hell is wrong with these people? I would definitely seek to end that situation as quickly as possible with whatever means I had available. I hope he sues the owner too.

I have nothing against the dog, it's too bad he ended up with an owner like that, BUT, I have little sympathy for the owner. She was hugging the dog on the sidewalk...if she has a car, she should have been throwing it in her car and going to the vet if it was still alive! The 23 times may have been double handed stabbings, if the guy came out with two and the dog didn't stop.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:49 PM
*Now with Snark*

No guilt... your off leash dog goes after mine with intent you may not be getting it back in a way that will matter - in fact... odds are you won't. I suspect the 23 times had more to do with the guy really not really wanting to hurt the dog and not really knowing what to do - hesitation marks.

So many here are so quick to judge this guy but it if were your dog... what wouldn't you be willing to do to save it?
Old 10-15-2012, 09:02 PM
Top Dog

How could they release him? The man obviously has something severely wrong with him. He needs to be committed.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 10-15-2012, 09:07 PM
such sights to show you

It's not like in the heat of the moment you are counting how many times you are stabbing. How many makes a person "that kind of person"? Five? Ten?

As the guy said, what was he supposed to do? Just let the dog kill his dog? It's sad that the dog was killed but I would stab a dog to protect one of my dogs, too.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:02 PM
Top Dog

It does say the dog had a history of going after other dogs, being off leash unattended and going after a kid as well. I'm sure they've complained about the dog to the police too if that's the case, and he was attacking the little dog for over five minutes before the owner wandered over and was unable to stop and control her dog.

Had I been in the same situation with the same background, and no other options, would do the same thing. Sure, we can say he could have stabbed less or gotten a chain and leashed the dog to a fence or something but who knows.

It's the owner to blame mostly for being dumb, and the authorities if they had been called in the past and the dog was still in her hands and running loose.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:34 PM
Top Dog

I'm sorry, but there absolutely is no excuse for stabbing a dog TWENTY THREE times. Count to twenty three in your head. Now imagine stabbing something that many times. That takes intent. You don't "accidentally" go overboard with stabbing a dog. In all likelihood, the dog was already detached from his dog, immobile, and bleeding to death while he was still continuing to stab him.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 10-15-2012, 10:43 PM
such sights to show you

The next time I'm in a panic and fighting for my dog's life, I'll remember to keep count of how many times I stab their attacker so I don't cross someone's imaginary line.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:55 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
I'm sorry, but there absolutely is no excuse for stabbing a dog TWENTY THREE times. Count to twenty three in your head. Now imagine stabbing something that many times. That takes intent. You don't "accidentally" go overboard with stabbing a dog. In all likelihood, the dog was already detached from his dog, immobile, and bleeding to death while he was still continuing to stab him.
The guy had two knives, I'm assuming one in each hand stabbing? on an Am Bulldog that was turned on to killing that dog. Even tasers often don't work on dogs mid attack, the dogs keep going, they either are so turned on that they don't stop, or get more frenzied. If the guy wanted to kill the dog right off he would have done it one go...it sounds to me like he was trying to do it non lethally but just kept going until the dog stopped. With all that adrenaline going..it takes time to register what's going on, even if a knife is jabbed into your organs. You'd have to hit the right parts to get the dog to drop instantly.

Actually a knife wouldn't be my first choice to try and disable a dog with.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:03 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
The guy had two knives, I'm assuming one in each hand stabbing? on an Am Bulldog that was turned on to killing that dog. Even tasers often don't work on dogs mid attack, the dogs keep going, they either are so turned on that they don't stop, or get more frenzied. .
Tasers don't fail on dogs because the dogs are so intense, they fail because they aren't used properly for the species.
http://gamedogguardian.com/education...-pit-bull-myth

I agree, though, that a knife isn't a good stopping weapon, and wouldn't be my first choice in this sort of situation.