Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 10-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Unhappy Mother-of-three watches in horror as her American Bulldog is stabbed 23 times

*link contains graphic pictures*

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...st_read_module
  • Daisy Jenkins' dog had got into a fight with another dog near her home
  • The owner of the other dog Wayne Stearman returned with two 10-inch knives before stabbing the bulldog
  • One of the blows was so forceful that the knife bent in half in what one witness described as a 'blood bath'
  • Mr Stearman was arrested over the incident but was released without charge

I just want to cry... for lots of reasons. I think it's insane a man can stab a dog 23 times and be released.

I think it's insane an owner would let her beloved dog get into a situation where he could be stabbed.

I think they both need locking up, and the poor bulldog should have gone to someone who was going to make sure he was safe (from himself if needs be).

"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 10-13-2012, 03:51 PM
Top Dog

I don't get know. I'd love lime to think i could keep any dog from harming mine in a fight without using a knife, but i certainly take whatever steps i needed to to stop the attack
Old 10-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
I don't get know. I'd love lime to think i could keep any dog from harming mine in a fight without using a knife, but i certainly take whatever steps i needed to to stop the attack
The point is, the attack should never have happened. She failed her dog.

She is just as much to blame for his death.

There is just no way I'd stab a dog repeatedly... I think you have to be a certain kind of person to do that.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:59 PM
Top Dog

I don***8217;t even know what to think... Yeah, my dog? I***8217;m doing whatever it takes to save my dog, but... Stabbing the dog 23 times? The guy left his dog with his head in the other dog***8217;s mouth and ran to get 3 knives?

And this:
Quote:
I***8217;m just glad it happened to me because it was only a matter of time before it killed a kid.
Irritates the snot out of me. DA does not equal HA.
~Suzanne Clothier
Old 10-13-2012, 04:07 PM
Top Dog

I don't know about 23 times but if it came down to Yoshi or random dog that attacked her? I'm on Yoshi's side every time all the time and would definitely stab a strange dog to save her.

ETA: I definitely think that woman should hold most of the responsibility.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:10 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Has anyone actually tried acting out 23 stabs........

Once, twice.... three times even... but 23???

Old 10-13-2012, 04:12 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Has anyone actually tried acting out 23 stabs........

Once, twice.... three times even... but 23???
This...
~Suzanne Clothier
Old 10-13-2012, 07:21 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danefied View Post
I donít even know what to think... Yeah, my dog? Iím doing whatever it takes to save my dog, but... Stabbing the dog 23 times? The guy left his dog with his head in the other dogís mouth and ran to get 3 knives?

And this:

Irritates the snot out of me. DA does not equal HA.
Yeah I know... The ignorance of the general public never ceases to amaze me, if I hadn't read the word "dog" one would honk he was talking about a wild animal attack or something like that.

The owner may have been at fault... But accidents hAppen... We all have had dogs get out or get loose or whatever happened, she might not have known her dog was aggressive, lots of dogs are Aggressive to strange dogs even if they live with a dog at home. Ppl think since thy live with a dog then they are dog friendly, all mine are but they aLl have certain dogs they don't like for some reason... Just like ppl .

I don't know the whole story... So I'm not going to say that it was her fault too... But what that guy did, no that was wrong , I could see striking the dog or something but stabbing a dog 20-something times?
Old 10-13-2012, 07:37 PM
Big Dog

In the article, The guy said that he first kicked and punched the dog and it wouldn't let go, then he went to get the knives. He tried alternative methods to stop the attack that didn't work. What do you do when that fails? Stand by and watch the dog kill your dog or do anything in your power to save your dog?

I think that stabbing a dog 23 times seems excessive, but in the heat of the moment when you think your dog could be killed, are you really going to count how many times you stab the dog or are you just going to stab until the other dog let's go?

If what is written in the article is correct, I think it's appalling that the owner let the dog get into this situation in the first place. The owner didn't show up until 5 minutes later and according to neighbours, this dog running around unleashed and unsupervised isn't a rare occurrence and the dog has been known to go after other dogs.

Now if its later found out that the dog let go after it was stabbed and the guy continued his attack then it would be a different story, but as far as it looks right now the bulldog's owner failed her dog and the guy did what he had to do to save his dog.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:35 PM
Squishy face

It sounds like it started because he wanted to save his dog, and then he just flew into a blind rage and kept stabbing. I could see hitting something 23 times easy, but stabbing takes a lot more force (it does say one of the knives actually bent) so he had to be really going at it. I hope those anger issues don't spill into other parts of his life.

I do feel sorry for both dogs in this case. It isn't their fault humans are stupid.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!