Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-13-2012, 12:28 AM
Top Dog

Watching a documentary at all and expecting a factual, unbiased message...? Huh...

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 10-13-2012, 11:18 PM
Jerk.

Ive listened to Dreams From My Father, long before the documentary came out. The documentary touches and matches much of what was in Obama's book. Like I said Im open minded, at least I look at both sides and make up my own mind.

RBark, MM flat out makes things up. Dinesh D***8217;Souza used Obama's books and other writings as the basis for the documentary. YMMV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 10-14-2012, 12:10 AM
Top Dog

There is no such thing as being open minded, IMO. To be open minded means to have no conviction in your own beliefs.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 10-14-2012, 12:28 AM
Jerk.

I have my core beliefs, but I am willing to listen, consider the beliefs of others, and possibly change my stance on any given issue.

Now Im not open minded on every issue however. I am anti abortion yet I am not religious and I dont think it should be illegal. Im against gay marriage, but I am against .gov sponsored marriage straight and gay. Im for green energy but I dont think it is ready yet, and I think it has cost us Americans too much at this juncture. Im pro mineral development because green energy needs it at this point in development. Im pro driving yet I would support pro mass transit and alternate transportation if they didnt sh!t on car owners and could make rural living cost effective. I am unabashedly pro 2nd Amendment. I like Freedom, and Freedom of choice. Not Free as in Free beer but free as in choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 10-14-2012, 12:28 AM
Will Creep For Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
There is no such thing as being open minded, IMO. To be open minded means to have no conviction in your own beliefs.
This I don't agree with. To be open minded means that while you have your beliefs, you are open to learning and change. To blindly stick to your beliefs despite all the information out there is the reason the two party system is such a mess.

www.brigadoonbordercollies.com
http://brigadoonbc.wordpress.com/

Do you want your dog to respect you because you demanded it, or because you truly earned it?
Old 10-14-2012, 02:32 AM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
I have my core beliefs, but I am willing to listen, consider the beliefs of others, and possibly change my stance on any given issue.

Now Im not open minded on every issue however. I am anti abortion yet I am not religious and I dont think it should be illegal. Im against gay marriage, but I am against .gov sponsored marriage straight and gay. Im for green energy but I dont think it is ready yet, and I think it has cost us Americans too much at this juncture. Im pro mineral development because green energy needs it at this point in development. Im pro driving yet I would support pro mass transit and alternate transportation if they didnt sh!t on car owners and could make rural living cost effective. I am unabashedly pro 2nd Amendment. I like Freedom, and Freedom of choice. Not Free as in Free beer but free as in choice.
I conpletely agree with you.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:40 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnedByBCs View Post
This I don't agree with. To be open minded means that while you have your beliefs, you are open to learning and change. To blindly stick to your beliefs despite all the information out there is the reason the two party system is such a mess.
Yes, and I think there is no such thing as being open minded because you can not be open to EVERY idea out there.

For example, what if murder is okay? What if raping infants is okay? There are certain ideas that people will never entertain... Which makes me believe that there is no such thing as being open minded. One person can not be open to EVERY view point.

Old 10-14-2012, 02:48 AM
Will Creep For Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
Yes, and I think there is no such thing as being open minded because you can not be open to EVERY idea out there.

For example, what if murder is okay? What if raping infants is okay? There are certain ideas that people will never entertain... Which makes me believe that there is no such thing as being open minded. One person can not be open to EVERY view point.
Being close minded on political issues specifically is a huge detriment to the progression of our country.

www.brigadoonbordercollies.com
http://brigadoonbc.wordpress.com/

Do you want your dog to respect you because you demanded it, or because you truly earned it?
Old 10-14-2012, 02:53 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnedByBCs View Post
Being close minded on political issues specifically is a huge detriment to the progression of our country.
I would agree with that, but I wasn't referring to specifics in my original post on open "minded-ness". I was referring to being open minded in general.

Old 10-14-2012, 02:59 AM
Top Dog

why would "open-minded" mean being open to EVERY idea out there?

I mean if I called someone "nice" I don't think you'd say "well, they can't really be nice because a person can't always be nice in every single situation."

People can be open-minded and they can be nice, it goes without saying that a living thing is not going to exhibit some personality trait 100% absolutely...