Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2012, 11:56 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
Good post, RBark. Unfortunately many people use shock collars on their Sibes and I see it often. I personally disagree with it(and prefer management), but it's an overall good post that really shows how different people take away different things from the breed.

But this. OMG this. This is one of my biggest pet peeves lately and I have no idea who started it. But Sibes, Malamutes, etc, are NOT NORDIC. There is nothing Norse about the breed. Nor is "Nordic" a proper substitute for "Northern" as it only relates to certain countries in Northern Europe. It's Spitz, Laika, or just Northern.

If I could strangle the person who came up with "Nordic"...and I have a feeling it was a show breeder.

/rant
well the swedes live next to the norse. and the swedish varangians & their king Rurik gave the name Rus to the east european slavs they conquered. in turn that developed into the ethnonym russian. the russians eventually ruled siberia AND claimed & colonized alaska. so that makes it okay, right.