Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-05-2012, 12:31 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

Lol, I don't know any Whovians in real life. I keep hoping someone will ask about my phones skin on it, lol, just to out themselves, but so far, no such luck.

I've watch Forest of the Dead a couple times. The Christmas Invasion is another one I watched more than once. I'm going to be rewatching a few tonight, I think
Old 10-12-2012, 09:22 PM
Top Dog

Oh god. New mini episode. ALL the tears. More than any other episode ever, even Vincent and the Doctor

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00zn6ff
Old 10-12-2012, 10:08 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

I LOVED Vincent and The Doctor.

And I'm still not catching the Bad Wolf reference in The Power of Three. ???
Old 10-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
And I'm still not catching the Bad Wolf reference in The Power of Three. ???
They're discussing something, and the Doctor says, "You can talk, wolf in your grandmother's nightdress."
Old 10-12-2012, 10:34 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Ahh, I caught that, but I wasn't sure if that was the Bad Wolf or not since he doesn't say Bad Wolf lol
Old 10-18-2012, 10:41 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

I can't remember which episode I've cried the hardest at. Possibly Journeys End, though Angels in Manhattan was a tear jerker for sure. I did cry watching that short ^ about Brian.

Also, the Big Bang was incredibly sad at the end too, where he said he didn't want to go. Just reminded me of Ten a LOT.

And you were completely right, I adore 11. He's awesome. I really really liked him in The Rebel Flesh and The Almost People. Really he's amazing. I always love it when theres more than one Doctor. And The Doctors Wife was a really good one too! But I love Neil Gaiman.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:06 PM
Top Dog

I just watched The Doctor's Wife for about the 20th time last night lol.

I cry HARD at the end of School Reunion. Even though Sarah does get to see the Doctor again, four times actually, the whole "goodbye" thing kills me, especially with Elisabeth Sladen having died last year (I didn't realize she was dead until about 10 months after she dies, and I cried when I found out). If I REALLY want to cry, I'll just watch a Sarah Jane tribute. If that doesn't do it, nothing will. I'm sure I'll cry like a baby when Sarah Jane leaves the 4th Doctor, and I know it's coming up - I think I only have 3 or 4 serials left. My favorite companion leaving my favorite Doctor

I get a little misty-eyed for Girl in the Fireplace, Doomsday, The Doctor's Wife, God Complex and Voyage of the Damned. I cried at the end of Planet of the Spiders (3rd Doctor regenerates). I cried for Father's Day, Last of the Time Lords, End of Time, Journey's End, Waters of Mars, and The Power of Three. I'm sure there are some I'm forgetting.

But the ones that made me cry most were actually Torchwood. The end of the second season was so sad, and then came Children of Earth. Oh god. I cried so hard at the end of Day 4 I had to take almost an hour break before watching Day 5, and then as soon as Day 5 started I was crying all over again. I cried a few times during Miracle Day, too, but not like I did for Children of Earth.

I've cried for Sarah Jane Adventures, too. Especially Goodbye, Sarah Jane, Death of the Doctor, and the end (epilogue?) of the last episode. The last season (well, half season) isn't on Amazon, which sucks. Not even available for purchase, it just...isn't there.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:31 AM
Top Dog

I just looked, and I only have two Sarah Jane serials left I may have seen one of them already, which would mean only one left (I know I've read the novelisation, but I can't remember if I've actually see the episodes yet).
Old 10-19-2012, 12:41 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

I need to start watching Torchwood I guess

Put that one on the list for tomorrow I think.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:47 AM
Top Dog

Torchwood was hard for me to get into. Very hard. But after a few episodes it gets easier. The entire first season and half of the second season were just "meh" to me - it has good moments (I mean come on, it's all about Jack!), but it's just not...great. Then halfway through the second season a special guest arrives (you'll know it when you see it, and it's not the Doctor...the Doctor never has and never will appear in Torchwood because DW is technically a kids' show and Torchwood IS NOT AT ALL a kid's show), and from there it gets very, VERY good. It peaks in Children of Earth. Miracle Day had its moments, but it was long and drawn out and full of "fluff" that was boring. But there's a naked Jack, so it's worth it

I'm still halfway hoping RTD decides to write some more Torchwood some day. The last season was left very much open-ended.