Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-09-2012, 12:42 AM
Nuke it from orbit ...

This doesn't feel like a friend thing to me, OH comes to see me a lot (being that he lives on the track property) I guess I will have to "let" him see us together or if I'm getting a call ... Even if its just my folks or something when he's talking with me ill say "oh that's my fiancée, I have to take this"

Old 10-09-2012, 03:06 AM
Big Dog

If you don't feel he means it as a friend then IMO you should talk to him if it makes you feel uncomfortable. You are obviously happy with your OH and this guy needs to respect you and your decision.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:28 AM
Sit! Good dog.

My other half wouldn't give a flying whatsit if another man liked me.... If anything he'd probably tell me to flirt back lol

I'd just carry on business as usual. I talk about my other half a lot, so....
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 10-09-2012, 03:59 AM
Top Dog

I wouldn't bother mentioning it to the OH, why bother? Unless the guy is doing something really out of the blue, or you're really tempted to go there.

All you need to do is bring up your OH in the conversation ALL the time when this guy comes to chat. If he asks how you are, say 'great, OH did the sweetest thing today!', if he asks what your plans are, they're doing this or that with OH and it's so great that he lives right over there and you get to see him all the time and OH is such an amazing man and OH is helping you with wedding plans and OH.......

That should send the message nicely.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

maybe i need to wear my ring to work LOL LOL the only thing is its too loose & needs to be resized & im afraid of it falling off, as i have to wear gloves some of the time.

look i know there are some married girls at the track that do "That" kind of thing (sleeping around with multiple guys) but i am not that kind of girl & honestly if offends me that he thinks i am. next wek i will find a way to insert OH into the convo if we have one.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:33 PM
Top Dog

I don't know that I'd assume those terms meant flirting, but if you're concerned about it, just bring up your SO in conversation. "My fiance and I saw a great movie the other day.." And so on. If he's not seen you in some time, he probably doesn't realize you're in a relationship.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

That's what I'm going to do, I didn't get a chance to bring him up in Convo last week , with us being very busy but when we did talk I made sure I sent clear body lingo "I'm not interested" signals (crossing my arms over my chest, putting somehing between is, stepping back when we talk etc) but some guys are not up on subtle cues & need a more direct approach, so I will find a way to bring up OH in casual Convo this coming week.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:44 PM
Top Dog

I don't think it necessarily sounds like he's into you from what you're describing (maybe it seems more so in person), but even if he's not flirting, the point is he's making you uncomfortable. If he doesn't get the subtle hint, I don't think you need to call him out on coming on to you (which he may or may not be...using terms of endearment and talking to someone a lot - I assume you mean at work and he's not texting you or calling you at home just to talk - just seem friendly to me).

Just say something like "I'm sorry, I really prefer to have some personal space, I don't care for physical contact unless it's from my SO or close family" if he touches your arm when talking to you, and like the others said, just tell him you prefer to be called by your name rather than a term of endearment...

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 10-11-2012, 08:55 AM
Sit! Good dog.

I actually asked my other half about this last night. He said "enjoy it" and he'd be flattered.

Then he asked why, who's flirting with me lol.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 10-12-2012, 09:46 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Well... I'm at work now, he asked me if I work in the morning & I was like "no but my fiancée does" long silence... & he was like "how long have you known him" (I knew it meant been seeing him) I said a while (I haven't worked here since 06 or 07, I have been seeing OH starting casually at the tome before that & a yr or so later we got serious & stuff but I didn't go into that kind of detail since its none of his biz) & he shut up quick & made himself scarce lol since he knows OH , he even said he was a "good guy" I think he figured we were through or something like that probably a misunderstanding on his end.

Sucks if he's been holding a torch this whole time for me or something :/