Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 10-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Taxiderpy

Thumbs down Michael Vick got a dog. Endorsed by HSU$.

This makes me sick.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/84...gain-dog-owner

This article pretty much sums up my thoughts on it. He should never have any pet again. Gross.

http://www.nathanwinograd.com/?p=10679
Old 10-12-2012, 03:32 PM
Top Dog

Thumbs down

Wh-Wh-why? I can only imagine what could happen to that poor dog in that man's hands. Why is he allowed in the NFL, let alone allowed to have another animal in his house? He doesn't even deserve a pet-freaking-rock.

Crystal - female - German Shepherd x Sheltie mix - DOB: 8/1/09 - 40 lbs
Old 10-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Well, the NFL has never been shy about letting convicts back in the league.

And that dog may be the safest dog on the planet. All eyes are going to be on it and Vick. If he even jerks a leash or comes near it with a rolled up newspaper, it will be all over the nightly news.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
"As a father, it is important to make sure my children develop a healthy relationship with animals. I want to ensure that my children establish a loving bond and treat all of God's creatures with kindness and respect. Our pet is well cared for and loved as a member of our family."
Where the hell are they going to learn respect for animals? What a load of poo! He should never have been allowed to own an animal again after what he did to those dogs. Gaw-w-wd...I hate how this justice system works.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieq View Post

And that dog may be the safest dog on the planet. All eyes are going to be on it and Vick. If he even jerks a leash or comes near it with a rolled up newspaper, it will be all over the nightly news.
I hope so. But the trouble is...no one will know what goes on behind closed doors.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-12-2012, 05:58 PM
such sights to show you

Unfortunate.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:45 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

yup that was real evident by the photo with the box of milk bones on the table that he posted on facebook where his daughter was doing homework, then he cropped it out. Like it was going to change the world from finding out. Makes me positively ill that he would by law be allowed to own any animal let alone another dog.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 10-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieq View Post

To me that's like saying Sandusky should get another chance working with young boys, because they'll be really safe with all the scrutiny that would be on him. Just because someone is a celebrity doesn't mean they wear a security camera on them 24/7. And working with vulnerable demographics is a right that should be revoked when certain crimes against them are committed the same way felons lose their right to vote and bear arms.

No, the safest dog on planet lives with someone who never has tortured a dog to death, let alone many.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:18 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
"As a father, it is important to make sure my children develop a healthy relationship with animals. I want to ensure that my children establish a loving bond and treat all of God's creatures with kindness and respect."
I have a really hard time not rolling my eyes at this. Apparently this wasn't important before... and obviously not important for yourself to treat them with kindness and respect...

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 10-12-2012, 10:38 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
To me that's like saying Sandusky should get another chance working with young boys, because they'll be really safe with all the scrutiny that would be on him. Just because someone is a celebrity doesn't mean they wear a security camera on them 24/7. And working with vulnerable demographics is a right that should be revoked when certain crimes against them are committed the same way felons lose their right to vote and bear arms.

No, the safest dog on planet lives with someone who never has tortured a dog to death, let alone many.
Good post.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.