Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-12-2012, 11:22 AM
Resident fainting goat

I really wish there was a LIKE button.
I way to say like "I agree with this" without needing to quote it and add something lol which is what stops me,even when I see a post I totally agree with!

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Twin 2

See, and I still worry that a "like" button would make the people who aren't inclined to post a lot post even less. So many people here will quote someone and say "I agree" but then go on to elaborate or bring new points to the table. If they have the option to just like something I think you'll see a mark decrease in posts.

There are a lot of times I wish I could just like someone's post but instead I go and post in it instead.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:27 AM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
See, and I still worry that a "like" button would make the people who aren't inclined to post a lot post even less. So many people here will quote someone and say "I agree" but then go on to elaborate or bring new points to the table. If they have the option to just like something I think you'll see a mark decrease in posts.

There are a lot of times I wish I could just like someone's post but instead I go and post in it instead.
that's true..
I just started to think about how much the "like" on facebook has stopped my actual interaction with people

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:29 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
I don't see this either. I think the so called "in crowd" are just the people who post a lot and maybe are inclined to share more personal information. I enjoy those conversations, but it's something I find hard to do because I'm a really private person.
I tend to agree with you Beach bum about those who are probably more familiar with each other and it’s just natural for those people to volley back and forth more. And as far as your being a private person…nothing wrong with that. I can be quite open on some things but there are certain parts of my life I definitely keep private. I'm pretty confident though, that there are plenty of interesting threads that you could enjoy sharing your thoughts on with other people that won't disturb that private part of you.

Quote:
I saw that picture and thought it was "darling", but of course, I didn't say anything
Heh, heh….Thanks Beach bum.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
Not gonna lie, I'm kinda giggling over the people with more than 1000 posts talking about lurking.
Lol, I lurked for over a year before I made an account and started posting.

Shoulda clarified.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds
Quote:
that's true..
I just started to think about how much the "like" on facebook has stopped my actual interaction with people
Oh now that's a thought. Hmmm....why didn't I think of that? I think it DID actually skim the surface of a few brain cells but it didn't materialize. That really might tend to make people feel like they've already done their thing. And it's just one word...."like." Ummmm, yep...and what else? Could you elaborate??? LOL. Okay, no like button. lol.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-12-2012, 11:39 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingNowhere View Post
I just feel the need to chime in that in 9 pages, I think we've only brought 2 real lurkers out into the open! Hello Beachbum and lastkid!

I went through some of the posters and most people calling themselves lurkers still have 1+ (some even 2+ or 3+) posts per day! :yikes: I guess that would make me an ultra lurker, but I really don't think I am.

Just find it funny - in the "are you a lurker" thread, I was expecting to see a ton of new usernames - but nope, pretty much the same crowd!
I think there are two breeds of lurkers. One: the lurkers who haven't joined yet or have but the vast percentage of their time on Chaz is lurking, not posting. They may have posted a handful of times or they haven't posted at all yet.

And the second type is people who post a bunch but intermittently lurk for various stretches of time...from a few minutes or hours intermittently to days, weeks or even months. But then they pop back in and post.

Lurking is hanging around and looking at something. But it doesn't really define the length of time spent lurking or whether or not it's a constant. So, that's how I come to my conclusion.

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-12-2012, 11:42 AM
Resident fainting goat

Now you've made me sensitive about my post count.

I DO HAVE A LIFE!!
I SWEAR!! LOL

Old 10-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Top Dog

I'm kinda laughing at how many people are posting today - this is the liveliest I've seen Chaz in a really long time. I like it.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 10-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
DOBER NO SPIDER PICTURES. Lol.

I really hate the word clique - to me it implies that people are being exclusive and horrible on purpose. And, at least on Chaz, I think (hope) that's very rarely the case. It's more that a lot of people know each other very well (more than most people on the internet) and threads are more like a conversation than a...thread. I guess.

I think everyone has this at some point. I've seen longstanding member threads (including mine) go completely unanswered. Unfortunately part of being on the internet is not letting it get to you - I do better some days than others. I think a like button would help out a lot.
Yes, it is a must to not let it get you down too much. And it doesn't get me down usually, but sometimes it does a little. I think that varies a bit though, depending on what else went wrong that day. Or if one little thing is of particular importance to you at the time. I'm pretty sure anyone on a forum like this has to have a little resilience or they couldn't last too long. On the other hand, for those who do like to converse...who don't get any acknowledgement....well then, there's no pay off for being on the forum. That probably doesn't hold true for people who genuinely just like to read, but not say much.

Do you have a cute, annimated welcome gif that doesn't have a spider in it? LOL. Does it really creep you out? If it does that to anyone with a spider phobia, I won't use it anymore. I just thought it was cute, like Charlotte in Charlotte's web.

Thomas Jefferson