Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71  
Old 10-12-2012, 12:01 AM
skittledoo's Avatar
skittledoo skittledoo is offline
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,517
Default

Well... I've pretty much spent all day checking back to lurk this thread.

I used to post ALL the time years ago. I mostly lurk now and I'll be the first to admit I'm bad at even responding to my own threads. I post when I can if I feel I want to add input to something, but usually what I want to say has been said already so I don't bother.

I do try to stay out of the 'debate' threads a bit. I don't like debating at all and while it seems most can handle debating in a very civil matter and still go on being friends etc, I tend to take things personally pretty easy (I'm emotional) and my feelings get hurt so its just easier for me to not voice my opinion sometimes. I do read a lot of the debate threads. Color me curious what other people have to say.

I mostly post from my phone and its annoying to type on a touch screen so that's another reason I don't post as often.
__________________
Joey- Ibizan Hound
Cricket- Mexican Street dog (we think Xolo mix)
Bamm- BC mix
Not Named- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 10-12-2012, 12:19 AM
Brattina88 Brattina88 is offline
treehugging clicker freak
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: OH
Posts: 12,764
Default

I read every single day, multiple times a day. Usually I only respond if I feel like I have something constructive to say. Sometimes I tell myself I am going to post in a thread later when I get on a real computer (and not my phone) but sometimes I just don't get around to it until the thread has pretty much died out lol. Life happens
And, typically, other people word things much better than I can so I don't bother. As for picture threads and the like, I don't feel like my photos are that great, my dogs arent popular or anything (haha) and its so easier to post them on facebook and get a couple likes and thats it lol
And I annoy myself with when I say "awwww how cute" posts I post when commenting on picture threads. Even though its a true statement lol
__________________

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 10-12-2012, 04:51 AM
BeachBum's Avatar
BeachBum BeachBum is offline
aka PretzelDog
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Quinte West Ontario
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
Who is in the cliquey group or the "in crowd?" This has been mentioned a few times. Am I really this oblivious or unobservant? Is it that a few people have become extra friendly with each other so they naturally have more of a back and forth thing? I don't see this either. I think the so called "in crowd" are just the people who post a lot and maybe are inclined to share more personal information. I enjoy those conversations, but it's something I find hard to do because I'm a really private person.

.....Like today, there was a thread about good combinations of dogs. I posted what I thought was a darling picture of the combination of dogs I had in my household at one time. They were quite an odd combination because of vast differences in size. They were all piled up in a heap with my son in there too. But no one even noticed. I saw that picture and thought it was "darling", but of course, I didn't say anything
.
I keep telling myself I'm going to make an effort to post more, I do it for awhile and then always end up falling back into lurker mode.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 10-12-2012, 04:57 AM
mrose_s's Avatar
mrose_s mrose_s is offline
BusterLove
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: QLD, Australia
Posts: 12,142
Default

I've been lurking for months.
I joined Chaz the day I found it like 7 years ago but I fade in and out.
Sometimes it's because I'm busy, some times I don't feel like I have anything to add, sometimes I want a step back from the drama and sometimes I have "omg, everyone hates me. I'm not in the clique." phases so I just lurk around till I'm comfortable to get back into it again.

I dunno.. I got super busy a few months ago and lsot track of a lot of whats going on. If I'm busy with the dogs I feel guilty being on here too much.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 10-12-2012, 07:40 AM
~WelshStump~'s Avatar
~WelshStump~ ~WelshStump~ is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzleDog View Post
LOL say WHAT now? I do NOT remember this! Could have been during my hiatus though.
Yeah, I think it was around the time you were getting Talla, but either way I'm glad you forced me to join .
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 10-12-2012, 08:20 AM
Jenne's Avatar
Jenne Jenne is offline
Ball Thrower
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Southeastern, VA
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
Who is in the cliquey group or the "in crowd?" This has been mentioned a few times. Am I really this oblivious or unobservant? Is it that a few people have become extra friendly with each other so they naturally have more of a back and forth thing? Pretty much. There is a core group that is really close and sometimes it feels like you're interrupting when you post on a thread where they are having a conversation.

Something else that bothered me and I'm also guilty of it is, that hardly anyone responds to each other in many of the threads. (or is that just the nature of the beast? Could I be imagining things?) Now naturally, you can't respond to everyone all the time or you couldn't get around and visit very many threads. It would take all day just to answer everyone on that one thread. As it is, some of us have to zip through because we have limited time on some days or every day. But it is kind of disappointing sometimes. Like today, there was a thread about good combinations of dogs. I posted what I thought was a darling picture of the combination of dogs I had in my household at one time. They were quite an odd combination because of vast differences in size. They were all piled up in a heap with my son in there too. But no one even noticed. And since everyone pretty much doesn't respond to very many posts, I kind of don't either as much as I should or even as much as I'd like to because it's like....what's the use. (?) Is that how some of you feel? I do. I have posted a few threads and received a lackluster response.

I wish we could rig up some kind of thing where everyone would try more to make some little comment or something to more posts. Of course, like I said, you can't get to everyone's...especially if you're not even on here that much. So any ideas? Or is nobody going to respond? LOL. On some forums there are reputation points or you can like a post. Something like that can make people feel better about posting if they are receiving that kind of feedback instead of people responding to their post. It can be abused though.

So, is that what you mean by cliquey or "in crowd?" Is it that only a few people respond to each other's posts and always the same ones? To me, it just looks like everyone writes something, the posts get read (maybe) and that is that. So, sometimes it feels like you're having a conversation with yourself. I do that enough as it is. Don't need more of it.

Now I'm not whining mind you....because I do the same thing. And I don't live for constant attention or feed back. But a little bit more of noticing other peoples' posts might be nicer, not to mention, more interesting. It's like in real life. Did you ever talk to someone who doesn't seem to register anything you say and they turn everything back to themselves or something to do with themselves? They hardly make a comment at all about what you just said... and just start telling you a story about their own thing? You say something and they say only, "that reminds me of the time when me, myself, and I............" LOL.

So, when I do get to spend more time on the computer....as the weather gets crummy around here and there's not so much outside work, I am going to turn over a new leaf and try and respond to more posts in the threads I'm active in....that IS...if I have something of even the most minute substance to add. I won't be able to get to every post. That would impossible. But I'm going to try to respond to more of them than I have been....with the exception of one thing: If something is really ticking me off and I'm afraid the next thing I'll type is really rotten, I better not dive into that one. I have been known to get kind of dicey at times.

So, anyone with me? Wha? Hello? Anyone here? J/K.
Answers in bold...
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 10-12-2012, 08:39 AM
SaraB SaraB is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 5,660
Default

I wish we had a "like" option on posts as well. One of the forums I was on in the past had that option and when I didn't have time to write out a full response or someone had already posted what I was going to post it was easy to just hit that "like" button.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 10-12-2012, 08:42 AM
~WelshStump~'s Avatar
~WelshStump~ ~WelshStump~ is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
I wish we had a "like" option on posts as well. One of the forums I was on in the past had that option and when I didn't have time to write out a full response or someone had already posted what I was going to post it was easy to just hit that "like" button.
YES YES YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!! I totally agree, That's one thing I've been loving about Facebook, the option to tell people "I'm still paying attention, just don't have the time to reply, and I agree/love it", which is one reason I've been more active there recently than anywhere else, it's just, quick and easy, lol.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 10-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Taqroy's Avatar
Taqroy Taqroy is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,503
Default

DOBER NO SPIDER PICTURES. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberluv View Post
who is in the cliquey group or the "in crowd?" this has been mentioned a few times. Am i really this oblivious or unobservant? Is it that a few people have become extra friendly with each other so they naturally have more of a back and forth thing?
I really hate the word clique - to me it implies that people are being exclusive and horrible on purpose. And, at least on Chaz, I think (hope) that's very rarely the case. It's more that a lot of people know each other very well (more than most people on the internet) and threads are more like a conversation than a...thread. I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberluv View Post
something else that bothered me and i'm also guilty of it is, that hardly anyone responds to each other in many of the threads. (or is that just the nature of the beast? Could i be imagining things?) now naturally, you can't respond to everyone all the time or you couldn't get around and visit very many threads. It would take all day just to answer everyone on that one thread. As it is, some of us have to zip through because we have limited time on some days or every day. But it is kind of disappointing sometimes. Like today, there was a thread about good combinations of dogs. I posted what i thought was a darling picture of the combination of dogs i had in my household at one time. They were quite an odd combination because of vast differences in size. They were all piled up in a heap with my son in there too. But no one even noticed. And since everyone pretty much doesn't respond to very many posts, i kind of don't either as much as i should or even as much as i'd like to because it's like....what's the use. (?) is that how some of you feel?

I wish we could rig up some kind of thing where everyone would try more to make some little comment or something to more posts. Of course, like i said, you can't get to everyone's...especially if you're not even on here that much. So any ideas? Or is nobody going to respond? Lol.
I think everyone has this at some point. I've seen longstanding member threads (including mine) go completely unanswered. Unfortunately part of being on the internet is not letting it get to you - I do better some days than others. I think a like button would help out a lot.
__________________


I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 10-12-2012, 09:18 AM
oakash's Avatar
oakash oakash is offline
Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,087
Default

I don't feel as though there is a clique. But then again I happen to think very highly of myself and I can't imagine people excluding me :P
__________________
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site