Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Top Dog

I'm just too lazy to reply a lot of the time hahah. Also most of the time I'm reading on the bus or somewhere with my phone where posting would take forever to type up. By the time I get home, I'm too lazy to go back to the thread and reply.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:57 PM
aka PretzelDog

Talking

LOL, I've been thinking about starting a thread like this for some time now, but of course I never got around to it. I was going to call it "Okay, fellow lurkers, come out of the woodwork and tell us why you don't post"

I love chaz! I've been lurking here since spring 2009 (under a different user name for the first couple of years, but I forgot my password) and I love it because IRL, although I know lots of dog owners, none of them are as dog crazy as I am. My dog is my best friend and this is the only place I know where lots of people seem to feel the same.

Why don't I post?

1. I often don't have anything to add that hasn't already been said.
2. I seem to always be late to the party. When I do have something to say, it often ends up being on a thread that's already died.
3. Lots of times when I read over what I've typed, I'm unhappy with how what I intended to say came off.
4. Although I know there are a few people near my age (I'm 58), It does sometimes feel a little strange to be so much older than most on here. I must say though that I am always suprised when I find out how young some people are because they seem so mature.
5. I have a black labX. I think he's wonderful, silly, lots of fun and beautiful, but really, for various reasons, we don't do anything nearly as interesting as most of you and on top of that I'm a lousy photographer. Also, he's a really good dog so I don't even have anything to complain about.

PS I think it's funny that, probably the longest post I've ever made, is about why I don't post
Old 10-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Hahaha! I've told multiple people at work to join, I can't seem to convey the awesomeness that is Chaz to people IRL I guess.

I do keep telling her too! And I told her she needs to start using the New Posts button, because right now she is lurking in the nutritional section trying to gain info on the freaking adorable puppy that she is maybe adopting (a Dalmation mix, so she's looking at how to feed with their liver issues)!

She did say that she's spent hours on here though. Muahaha! So maybe she will stick around!
I have the exact same problem - my promises of awesomeness are not taken seriously.

Keep telling her to join!
Old 10-11-2012, 07:47 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBum View Post
Why don't I post?

1. I often don't have anything to add that hasn't already been said.
2. I seem to always be late to the party. When I do have something to say, it often ends up being on a thread that's already died.
3. Lots of times when I read over what I've typed, I'm unhappy with how what I intended to say came off.
4. Although I know there are a few people near my age (I'm 58), It does sometimes feel a little strange to be so much older than most on here. I must say though that I am always suprised when I find out how young some people are because they seem so mature.
5. I have a black labX. I think he's wonderful, silly, lots of fun and beautiful, but really, for various reasons, we don't do anything nearly as interesting as most of you and on top of that I'm a lousy photographer. Also, he's a really good dog so I don't even have anything to complain about.

PS I think it's funny that, probably the longest post I've ever made, is about why I don't post
Pretty much.
Except number 4. Unless everyone on here is secretly ten years old.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:50 PM
My dog tickles my soul

I dunno.

... I guess, mostly because I know I'm not the most informed on most dog-related things, so I leave it up to those that are. And even on non-dog topics where I do feel fairly comfortable, if somebody else has already responded with what I was going to say, well, I just rarely feel the need to be repetitive.

And I will echo the sentiment of not feeling like I'm part of the "in" group sometimes. I'm just not an "extreme-ist".

Last edited by maxfox426; 10-11-2012 at 07:50 PM. Reason: I am also the Queen of Typos and have to edit my posts about 80% of the time.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Top Dog

Wanted to add for me a lot of times life happens.

There has been a couple times I didn't have the internet or a computer. Any time Yoshi got sick if I needed money my computer/PS3 and internet are the first things I got rid of.

Also after stuff happens I just don't want to post. When Grammy died I didn't want to post at all. She was one of the first people who talked to me on here and always gave me advice and even though I never met her she was my internet gma. I still have some of her messages too.

When the whole thing with Binn happened I was upset over what happened to him but was also upset because I had really like MIW and when I offered to help all I got were msgs bragging about how she gave them to the people in cali.

I don't ever really leave but I do sometimes take steps back when it gets to be too much.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toller_08 View Post
I tend to lurk more than I post, usually because I feel that there are people who know more than me and/or can say something better than I probably could. Or what I was going to say has already been said, so no sense in repeating it. Plus, most of the time I get to spend online is at work, so it's easier to read a whole bunch of things when I have time rather than post a lot. Even in real life though I tend to keep my thoughts and opinions to myself unless I absolutely feel the need to say something. And I don't like to be the person that everybody disagrees with, so if I'm one of only a few (or the only one) with an opposing opinion of something, I'm probably not going to post it depending on the topic and situation.

But all in all, I'm just not a real big talker in real life or online unless I know you really well. I like to observe and chime in when I feel I can add something to a conversation.
Pretty much this. I was lurker here on Chaz for about a tear before finally creating an account.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:13 PM
Lord Cynical

How many posts DO I have? Let me check....

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 10-11-2012, 09:23 PM
Lord Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toller_08 View Post
Or what I was going to say has already been said, so no sense in repeating it.
That's pretty much my reason as well. I'm a busy person, so usually by the time I formulate a response... what I wanted to say has already been said.

Also, I am not the type (anymore) to comment just for the sake of commenting. If I have something important to add, I do it - but I don't respond to everyone, all the time.

I don't post photos because I don't get replies. Granted that goes both ways - I don't respond to photo threads often, so I don't expect others to respond to mine anymore.

Lastly, as I've gotten older (ha) and more experienced - on this forum, but also others - I don't say much. Sometimes diving in and saying your piece is more trouble than it's worth, and while I have made some AMAZING friends online, I'm much more careful now. I've had some bad experiences with online folks getting a bit too "real" for comfort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~WelshStump~ View Post
What made me come out, was someone had a problem with a dog that I felt I might be able to offer advice, I initially had asked Sizzle to send her a PM for me from another forum, she ignored my request (I'm sure as a plot to get me to join ) so I joined and answered myself.
LOL say WHAT now? I do NOT remember this! Could have been during my hiatus though.

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 10-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Blonde Raccoon

I'm a lurker (it sounds so creepy). I read almost everything but I don't respond a lot because I feel like other people write what I'm thinking, so there's no point. During debates I root silently along the sidelines. Sometimes I'll write a lengthy post but then end up deleting it because I feel like it doesn't actually contribute that much.

I posted on a couple other dog boards when I was younger (like six-eight years ago), both of which have closed now. They were smaller boards and we were REALLY close, so it's been kinda hard to start all over and put that effort in somewhere new again. I'm pretty lazy online most of the time.

And yeah, like what other people have said, sometimes I feel like a bit of an intruder. I know people here are super friendly and nice but sometimes it's just difficult to jump right in.

Paris - On Target's Oooh La La
Seamus O'Grady, the supermutt.

& Sally, never forgotten.