More Dora Explora and her sidekick

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Coudln't get a shot of Vic to save my soul. Will hopefully try again tomorrow. This weather isn't going to last and we have to soak up a whole lifetime for Neccy. SHe is having a grand time. SHe yodeled when we leashed up and couldn't get down there fast enough. Not bad for an old girl:D Me thinks she is even getting some muscle tone now.

0ne for Zoom incase she is a wee bit homesick.

finally I am just going to give the link, this one needs to be seen full size to get the effect of really being there. I love this pic. Be still my heart, what it is like to have an old girl that turns around to see that yes, I am bringing up the rear. Mary would have given her approval.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e331/smkie/A1P/CIMG1676_zpse2c923cf.jpg

ANybody want to join us tomorrow?

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Neccy sure is getting a lifetime's worth of fun!

I remember when we never thought little Miss Peppertini would be able to enjoy the woods like this and boy oh boy isn't she a pro now!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I will tell her you said so Barb. I make sure I tell her she i beautiful every day in every way.

You would know wouldn't you Zoomer. (((((HUGS))))) Geez we miss you more than you will ever know. THat leash would be insult to Pepper now in the woods, or at the dog park. She knows she is a big girl now and she is quite cocky about it too. IT's colder today and I don't know if I can dredge myself up but hopefully it might warm up, or we might get one more warm spell before it turns cold for good. THe trees really changed color over night and I would like to get some pics with them while it lasts. I know Hyia would want to come so I have my fingers crossed there too. She is so tired of being sick and if this is a flu on top of a flu, it just isn't fair.

Paige

Let it be
I don't think I've ever seen a picture of Neccy. What a lovely face on that girl.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
THis is Neccy one year ago. Its been long but steady recovery. She was the neighbor's dog, they were unable to give her the life style she needed to be healthy so I offered to take her and they gave her to me. IT was all wheat allergy..that and lack of long term medical care. She had been sick according to them for 1 years. She had eaten red bag old roy and cooked bones and scraps. THis is why it is so important to me that at her advanced age, she is able to get out and have a ton of fun. WE probably only have a couple years, I believe she is either close to 14, or just over. She is resilient that's for sure and other than I do not feel she drinks enough water, and we have to watch that not a crumb of grain gets near her, she is doing great. THey called her Neckbone, I call her Neccy Becky. We tried Nessie but she did not respond. I cannot bring myself to call her Neckbone.

here are a couple that really show her personality which she is just stock full of.

it is kind of our anniversary this month so we are celebrating. I wish you had seen her other photos because her story is a very happy one for all of us. I think they are worth seeing if for no other reason than to know that just because your old, doesn't mean it's over with, even if your sick, and if you can get better, there will be fun to be had and love to be shared. Being a senior doesn't have to be sad and fading.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.