Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
I tend to be a lurker more than a poster. Especially when I first join a forum and I haven't gotten a good feel for the popular opinions for things yet. I absolutely don't want to be one of those people who jumps in saying they are against something when the majority of members are for it. I feel that is just picking a fight and I'd rather know what I'm getting myself into first. Or I would rather be more informed about a topic before I feel comfortable posting about it.

I also want to get a feel for individual members. Does someone fight just to fight? Does someone tend to get personal in debates? I like to know what I'm up against before I post something that I may have to defend.

Even now on Chaz, I'll go through lurking phases when I'm not in a talkative (typative?) mood or if I know I won't have any constructive or nice to say. So generally when I'm pms'ing for example, I won't post for several days because I know whatever I post will come across wrong.
Basically all of this. Chaz was the first forum I ever joined and I was waaaay intimidated by the main people then. So I lurked for quite awhile to figure out what was going on and who was who before I started actually posting. I go through phases where I post all the time and then a couple days or weeks when I hardly post at all.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013