Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-09-2012, 10:35 PM
Got Floof?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
This is the greatest video i've ever seen in my life.

Kobe the Fluffy Cloud, Alaskan Malibu-te, Mar. '05
Syl the Stormblessed, Border Collie, Dec. '13

Old 10-10-2012, 02:19 AM
<(°°<) <(°°)> (>°°)>

So I have to ask - how is being gay, just as sinfull as divorcing? I never really read the bible - so stick with me, but for me (as a none-relgious person) divorce and being gay - is no wherer near the same.
It's not like someone who is homosexual can change who he is - just as little as I can change my natural hair colour or skin - or the fact that I am hetreosexual.
Divorce is a choice - homosexuality is not.

There is so much wrong and corruption in the church nowadays it's just sad. I'm sure God (if there is one) never wanted the church to end up what it is today. To me it seems the church is turning into a business rather than a place where people can come together who believe in the same faith. For example - I stepped out of the church a few years ago - because for one, I am not faithful and I would really prefer not being defined by my religion. Another reason was because I don't want to pay church taxes. Now I'll never be allowed to marry in a church (I don't want to, because I'm not religious) - because I don't pay my yearly taxes to the church. How messed up is that? Since when did religion become a money business?

Also Fran - I love you for your posts in this thread.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:30 AM
Top Dog

Or the idea that murder is somehow on par with having sex before marriage... Uh, what?

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 10-10-2012, 07:36 AM
Super-Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post

"FRAN - The New Testament really does not provide any direct guidance for understanding and making judgments about homosexuality in the modern world.

To the extent that it does talk about homosexuality, the New Testament appears to be talking about only certain types of homosexuality, and it speaks on the basis of assumptions about homosexuality that are now regarded as highly dubious. Perhaps, then, we could paraphrase what the New Testament says about homosexuality as follows: If homosexuality is exploitive, then it is wrong; if homosexuality is rooted in idolatry, then it is wrong; if homosexuality represents a denial of one’s own true nature, then it is wrong; if homosexuality is an expression of insatiable lust, then it is wrong. But we could say exactly the same thing about heterosexuality, couldn’t we?"

This. This. This, and this.

I like how it was skipped over...
Actually Barbara! its been addressed over and over. Please read this carefully.

Romans 1:22-27
"21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error."

Fran's arguement does not get around that homosexual acts are described as 'shameful and unnatural'. The motivation for them does not matter.
Romans 8:28

R.I.P my beloved Teddy, my "squishy monster". You will never be forgotten.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:40 AM
Super-Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipsyQueen View Post
Now I'll never be allowed to marry in a church (I don't want to, because I'm not religious) - because I don't pay my yearly taxes to the church. How messed up is that? Since when did religion become a money business?
What? Churches there require a "tax" to attend? I'd love to see how they come to that conclusion.

Tithing is supposed to be an act of worship, not an act of force. Its a shame to see so many 'churches' shooting themselves in the foot.
Romans 8:28

R.I.P my beloved Teddy, my "squishy monster". You will never be forgotten.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:49 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
HAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

seriously, I was going to come on chaz and whine about how tired I am this morning but that totally made my morning

Laughing so hard I have tears lol.

I don't know what the best part was the guy in the bikinis or everyone who danced and sang along LOL

HOW many times did he have to do that to get that whole video

Whenever I hear this song now I will forever picture this video

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 10-10-2012, 07:55 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipsyQueen View Post

There is so much wrong and corruption in the church nowadays it's just sad. I'm sure God (if there is one) never wanted the church to end up what it is today. To me it seems the church is turning into a business rather than a place where people can come together who believe in the same faith. For example - I stepped out of the church a few years ago - because for one, I am not faithful and I would really prefer not being defined by my religion. Another reason was because I don't want to pay church taxes. Now I'll never be allowed to marry in a church (I don't want to, because I'm not religious) - because I don't pay my yearly taxes to the church. How messed up is that? Since when did religion become a money business?

Also Fran - I love you for your posts in this thread.
Say WHAT?

I have heard of a church here that keeps a public record board for who has paid enough in tithes but that is seriously frowned upon in most churches (at least in my church... half the time we, the congregation, remind our pastor to pass the offering plate). I can't imagine that the above is a normal thing

and now you aren't allowe to marry in a church? I don't understand what church taxes are. That IS crazy and WRONG and not the norm (at least not here). Our church requires absolutely NOTHING from you to attend and whether you come every sunday or once in a blue moon or only one time in your whole life everyone (not many... only about 30 of us in the congregation lol) everyone will welcome you like you are family and we've known you all our life. THAT is what we were searching for in a church. small, intimate, family.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 10-10-2012, 09:39 AM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

I don't know what's so crazy about church taxes- it's how the churches get about 80% of their income. You choose to be a member, you pay for it. You don't want to be a member, you don't. You can still go in and visit the church, etc., you just can't or won't be married and such.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:43 AM
Behavior Nerd

Add me to the list of people who have never experienced a fee or "tax" for attending/being a member of a church. And I got married in a church without said fees, we just paid the rate for the clergyperson's time and rented the space.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:50 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
I don't know what's so crazy about church taxes- it's how the churches get about 80% of their income. You choose to be a member, you pay for it. You don't want to be a member, you don't. You can still go in and visit the church, etc., you just can't or won't be married and such.
100% untrue in every church I've been a member. All offerings and financial contributions are voluntary. Sure, we keep records, but for tax purposes (we provide a statement to all members so they can deduct the charitable contribution on their income taxes at the end of the year) and for expense budgeting for the coming year (even for churches, electricity, heating fuel, etc. isn't free). If a member wants to get married, hold a funeral, hold another event using our fellowship hall, it's permitted no matter what (if any) funds they have given in the past. Non-members of the church can certainly use the facility as well, but we charge a small fee (and are appropriately taxed on it) to cover our expenses (electricity, water, the custodial staff who has to open the building and clean up after, etc.).

And realistically, member contributions make up way more than 80% of our budget. There are some investments that yield a small amount of interest and some facility usage fees, but over 90% of the "income" our church receives is from voluntary member contributions.

In any church where I've been a member, we have never refused access to any member regardless of their donation status.

I hear people say, "The church is corrupt" and "the church does this" and "the church does that", but my personal experience is quite the opposite.