Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 10-09-2012, 02:11 PM
Big Dog

Jack is still refusing. 4th meal he hasn't eaten and totally unlike him. Ronon and Keenan eat it, but not well and they are both gluttons. So I will not be buying it again. I just hope we can get through this bag.

I am going to have to go buy something else for Jack. He ate Casper and Pongo's food this morning after he refused Dr. Tims again, but it is too low in fat and kcal for him to eat long term.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Top Dog

I can only feed Lucy fish food, so I'm kind of grossed out by all the food-sniffers! My rubbermaid container smells like an aquarium when I open it up!
Old 10-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Top Dog

Hmm, so weird that yours aren't big fans of it Whitewave! I still haven't decided if I'm going to order some. Weighing my options..
Old 10-09-2012, 02:32 PM
Big Dog

I have never had them not eat a food. Had them like some foods more than others, but they've always eaten everything. Whether is agreed with them or not was another story. But when I put food down I'm used to it being gone in less than 30 seconds.

Rocky will eat though. But Rocky eats everything and I mean everything whether it is edible or not.

I think I am going to try Victor again. It is more affordable than Acana that they were on before. I want to try their new grain free fish food. It runs $45 for a 30lb bag.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:49 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
I can only feed Lucy fish food, so I'm kind of grossed out by all the food-sniffers! My rubbermaid container smells like an aquarium when I open it up!
I don't really sniff the food, but you're hit with the scent when you reach into the bag

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 10-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
Frodo gets an awesome allergic reaction if he's on anything except Canine Caviar's Herring formula, so I feel your pain. Not only does his food smell nasty, but HE is starting to smell fishy. Not his breath, but if you bury your face in his fur and inhale....fish. Ick.

I am so sick of allergies I could scream.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
2 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Old 10-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Big Dog

May have discovered Jack's problem. I think he has kennel cough. He started a dry hacking cough today. Still running and playing, but sounds horrible. Now I just hope the rest don't get it.

Two were going to the vet in the morning , I guess I'll just take Jack too. What else would I spend my paycheck on???

Now I'm worried about giving Keenan his next puppy shot tomorrow. I know you aren't suppose to vaccinate them when sick and if Jack is sick, he surely will be too since they are together 24/7.

Also have no clue where they could have gotten it. Haven't been in public or near other dogs in several weeks. Only went hiking on Sunday and that is in the middle of nowhere in the woods- not a popular area either.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewave View Post
May have discovered Jack's problem. I think he has kennel cough. He started a dry hacking cough today. Still running and playing, but sounds horrible. Now I just hope the rest don't get it.

Two were going to the vet in the morning , I guess I'll just take Jack too. What else would I spend my paycheck on???

Now I'm worried about giving Keenan his next puppy shot tomorrow. I know you aren't suppose to vaccinate them when sick and if Jack is sick, he surely will be too since they are together 24/7.

Also have no clue where they could have gotten it. Haven't been in public or near other dogs in several weeks. Only went hiking on Sunday and that is in the middle of nowhere in the woods- not a popular area either.
Oh that would explain it! Makes me feel better about the food LOL.

Hope he feels better soon!
Old 10-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Big Dog

They put Jack on Simplicef and Temoral-P and he should be fine. They think it is regular kennel cough and not anything else like k9 influenza. But with him being a brachycephalic breed, don't want to take a chance of him getting sicker.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:51 PM
Top Dog

I don't blame you.

I went ahead and ordered a 30lb. bag of the Pursuit to try, at least on Wilson. Might get brave and see what Sako does too. Would certainly be easier to bring kibble to our away shows than raw. But I'll do whatever he does best on.

Got that 30lb. bag of Pursuit, 12 13.2oz. cans of EVO for the cats, and a 16lb. bag of World's Best cat litter all for $68 from chewy.com.. yay coupon codes & signing up for auto delivery!