Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 10-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Top Dog

Romy, what ANCD might you get to meet?

Sounds like one definitely might fit with what you're looking for, although I might go for one of the more GSD influenced lines (Fresca maybe) if you want an alert barker. Yarrow definitely does not bark much. I think Fresca and Iowa are having a litter that might suit you?
Old 10-06-2012, 09:16 PM
Sprayin' the spiders

I think that Ruby would be a good tracker, but I don't think she'd be consistently good at finding something I wanted her to find.....

No alert barking from her in our house, Allie and Noodle take care of that for her.

Good luck with the new puppy search!!

U-CH Rocket - BN RN CAA TT CGC TDI
Ruby - CD RA CGC
MBIMBS U-CH Poison
Allie the Lab
Noodle the Mini Dach
Old 10-06-2012, 09:36 PM
Wookie Collie

Beauty is quite shy with new people, uses her nose a lot, doesn't alert bark until she realizes she doesn't know someone... oh and she roo-roos all the time, it's adorable.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 10-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Top Dog

Lily is so chatty. I love it! I honestly can't imagine being without a sibe, though I definitely prefer the ones with GSD mixed in. Luckily/sadly no shortage in rescue to chose from either!
Old 10-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Top Dog

Sibe/GSD mixes are definitely my favorite. Haven't met a bad one, yet. Best of both worlds.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenay View Post
Romy, what ANCD might you get to meet?

Sounds like one definitely might fit with what you're looking for, although I might go for one of the more GSD influenced lines (Fresca maybe) if you want an alert barker. Yarrow definitely does not bark much. I think Fresca and Iowa are having a litter that might suit you?
That would be awesome. I may get to meet Little Bear, not really sure who he's out of. She mentioned his owners are newer to having dogs and asked them if they'd like me to do a training consult in exchange for letting me come over. Fingers crossed that it will work out.

Was Yarrow out of Cola? I can't remember now.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
Sibe/GSD mixes are definitely my favorite. Haven't met a bad one, yet. Best of both worlds.
I can't believe how many I've seen in the shelter in the past five years.

I'm so glad I took Scout. Sigh, that woman couldn't say I didn't warn her though! I said over and over how she didn't really want a dog like Lily! Guess she was meant to make her way to me, or some stuff like that.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
That would be awesome. I may get to meet Little Bear, not really sure who he's out of. She mentioned his owners are newer to having dogs and asked them if they'd like me to do a training consult in exchange for letting me come over. Fingers crossed that it will work out.

Was Yarrow out of Cola? I can't remember now.
Oh, cool. Little Bear is a Pepsi x Starbuck puppy. And yeah, Yarrow is Cola x Cinnabar

That would be awesome! I just saw an update on Little Bear for the first time, he's a cutie.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:59 PM
Top Dog

Lorraine please please please bring me with you whenever you go to look at a new dog/puppy! Do you still have my phone number?
Old 10-09-2012, 12:19 AM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullLove View Post
Lorraine please please please bring me with you whenever you go to look at a new dog/puppy! Do you still have my phone number?
I think I lost it. Send it on over though! And totally yeah! Unless I end up having one shipped in. But then you can totally come along to the airport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenay View Post
Oh, cool. Little Bear is a Pepsi x Starbuck puppy. And yeah, Yarrow is Cola x Cinnabar

That would be awesome! I just saw an update on Little Bear for the first time, he's a cutie.
Aww, nice! She sent me a video of him doing some basic OB stuff and he was so cute. I wish I had a giant farm and could be a dog hoarder and have an ANCD puppy, and a fila puppy, and an azawakh. Well, not really lol. I'd probably go insane. But it's getting harder to decide which one is the best fit. It'll probably come down to who is actually on the ground when litters are born and who individually will be the best fit for our family.

I e-mailed the local contact for FEMA's urban SAR trainers (like for buildings collapsed in earthquakes and stuff). I used to help with the trainings for the local SAR group and it was really fun. My hope is the urban SAR will be a lot less expensive than the woodland SAR, because it would be really neat and I bet an ANCD would be fantastic at it.