Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
Except for my faith, apparently. If you understood the truth about my faith, you would know that I defend living by it because I LOVE my fellow man.

This honestly drives me nuts. It is not being intolerant of your faith to give gays the right to marry. It is saying you have your faith, GREAT! But you dont get to determine others faiths, others love, others rights based on your faith.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:23 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Where do human rights come from?

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 10-08-2012, 08:24 PM
Top Dog

In regards to a previous post;

I've spent quite a bit of time in the US on holidays, etc. The few bucks saves on a case of beer does not compare to the knowledge that should I ever need an MRI, a life-altering surgery or extensive treatments, it will all be covered.

I really just can't imagine having to put off medical care at the prevention level to save a few bucks until it requires treatment, and then not being able to afford that treatment. My health, and the health of my loved ones, just doesn't have a dollar sign.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 10-08-2012, 08:47 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
All the social issues... Oh how I wish they were the most important right now. It is really about the economy now and Obama's plan has zero basis in reality. Both of the major candidates are accomplished liars. But at least Romney knows how to actually create wealth, rather than just spread it around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post

A vote for the lesser evil is still a vote for evil.
All nice and good if your state lets you vote for a third party. Not all of us can.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:48 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Where ever you think they come from. Which I have a feeling this is obviously going to turn into a "GODGODGODOMGGODGODGOD" discussion. As it always seems to when you two get involved.

This country is free from religious prosecution. It should stay that way. This is a discussion about politics and government, something religion should have no part of.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Three human lefts :P
~Suzanne Clothier
Old 10-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Top Dog

And as for Romney "creating wealth". Sure. He buys companies and shuts them down. Creates wealth.

Our unemployment rate will go through the roof, though.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Society
Old 10-08-2012, 09:07 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
Where ever you think they come from. Which I have a feeling this is obviously going to turn into a "GODGODGODOMGGODGODGOD" discussion. As it always seems to when you two get involved.

This country is free from religious prosecution. It should stay that way. This is a discussion about politics and government, something religion should have no part of.
??????

Wow well at least it is clear there is no chance of a discussion here. I will not apologize for being a Christian and I don't believe everything I say is GODGODOMGGOD or whateer nonsense it is that you are so offended by. I will not apologize that my moral compass stems from God. Again though this comes back to you have tolerance except when it comes to God. I get it, i wasn't always a Christian. I was certainly not raised with it. Religious Persecution doesn't just extend to "I don't want to believe in any God and I hate when anyone talks about God".

Really though... Where does everyone Believe rights come from.

I am aware you don't like my husband or me because of our beliefs but I feel this is a legimiate question. Sorry that it has put you on the defensive but I won't apologize for my faith even if you see it as a weakness or something to hate

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 10-08-2012, 09:11 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Society
I guess this is where my OMG GODGODGODGOD!!!! Comes in

But if rights come from society doesn't society then have the ability to take those rights away or mold or change them? If rights come from
People then people can change those rights however they Want no matter how wrong they may be

G.K. Chesterton