Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieq View Post
Xena goes out in the morning whether she asks or not, then when the kids get home from school, when I get home from work and before I go to bed. And, of course, any other time she asks.
For me I use to make her go out but if she isn't asking for it she does this weird fake pee thing...

I kind of like her going to the bathroom when told so didn't want to keep having her pretend to pee like she was XD

Old 10-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
For me I use to make her go out but if she isn't asking for it she does this weird fake pee thing...

I kind of like her going to the bathroom when told so didn't want to keep having her pretend to pee like she was XD
My only issue with waiting until she asks in the morning is that she'll make me late for work and she probably wouldn't appreciate waiting from like 10 PM to 2 or 3 PM the next day to pee
Old 10-08-2012, 09:33 PM
I'm All Ears

I work long hours so if I don't come home at lunch or right at 5, I feel bad. If I know I have an errand to run after work, I make sure to let them out at lunch. I let them out once when I wake up and once more before work. Once at lunch most days. Once right after work. We go on a walk and they have to mark everything. Then we generally let them out once more before bed. So that's 5-6ish times a day on a weekday. On weekends they're out more frequently.

They can hold it up to 12 hours, it's happened on a rare occasion. I always feel awful and most the time Mia has gone on the pee pad if I'm gone that long.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
We've skipped the lunch time break and the dogs were fine.. but I prefer not to.
Same here. Payton typically goes out and actually pees more often than Auggie (being intact does that) but he could hold it all day if he had to. I just don't really want to make him have to hold it all day. Auggie needs to be let out regularly though to make sure he pees and empties his entire bladder or we get UTI/bladder infection stuff going on again.

I do feel like I need to get home and let the dogs out, but I don't really mean out to potty, I mean out of their crates to run around and be crazies. Payton gets destructive and more obnoxious than usual if he's not out and playing and using his brain enough. =P Auggie is more low maintenance but even he has limits on how much time he can spend NOT playing, as I learned from his crate rest last year.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 10-08-2012, 09:41 PM
swimming upstream

my guys go out about 3-4 times a day--pretty routine scheduled times based on our work schedules. They go out before I go to work, then again when I get home (about 7-8 hours)- and then again after dinner. Baxter usually prances around for one more trip outside later in the evening.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:42 PM
The Littlest Hound

We have a fenced in yard, so everyone goes out at least 3 times a day, but when I say "goes out", the coonhounds usually spend the first hour or two they're awake out in the yard... pretty much anytime I walk through the house & a dog annoys me I open the door lol

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CH CCH CA 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage OFA Hips: Good

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug (5/2004 - 3/2014)
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 10-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Top Dog

Zander has a bladder of steel, too. He can hold it an easy 10 hours, and has held it up to 17 hours before.

The only time he HAS to go out is when we wake up. But I feel like that's more routine than anything else.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Top Dog

About five to six times a day usually. In the morning first thing, then right before I leave for work, then sometime in the afternoon if my brother comes home, then when my mom gets home, then after supper and again right before bed. They don't really need to go out that much probably, but I feel better letting them out often. They never ask though unless they really desperately need to go after drinking too much after playing.

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 10-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
Yoshi usually goes MAYBE 3 times. But once she starts asking 4/5 times it's pretty easy to see that she doesn't have to go she just wants to play.
It's easier to put her out on my schedule than to wait for her to tell me she has to go out (which is inevitably when I'm already in my pajamas or it's started to rain or whatever else). I can't let her out in the yard anymore, because she climbs the fence chasing the squirrels, so it's all leash breaks that require a person to monitor her. Much easier to do it when I'm prepared!

Oh, and she always pees. Sometimes she even poops 2-3 times in a day. If she starts whining at the door, it means we need to go on a walk to get her bowels moving.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:58 PM
Behavior Nerd

Average day is out around 8a, somewhere between noon and 2p, 5 or 6p, and right before bed at 11p/12a, so four times. Usually at least three of the four potty each time.

Some days I'm gone for the lunchtime trip or the 5/6p trip, though, and they are fine.