Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
My ISSUES? Oh please, fill me in on what my issues are?
I find it hilarious that you state that you believe in positive training experiences yet still think that it's ok to hit your animals because 'it doesn't work for me'.

You know to be the best or even a decent trainer you should practice what you preach. If you are unable to do the training concepts you are trying to teach you should not be in position to teach/train others.

If you can't control yourself enough not to hit an animal then you can't control yourself enough to be an effective trainer.

-And I don't think someone who is unable to feel for another living creature should be a trainer.
-I don't think that someone who can't understand that those animals don't know why you are hitting them should be a trainer.
-I don't think someone who so openly defends animal abusers should be a trainer or any sort of spokesperson for pet ownership.

I think you need to really think on what you want to do. Because if you want to be a trainer you aren't the person right now that you need to be to be a trainer and you definitely aren't someone who should be telling others how to raise their animals if you are unable to grasp the positive reinforcement enough to do it with your own pets.