Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-08-2012, 05:13 PM
Top Dog

I'm so proud of Judge. He is more kind hearted and sweet than what I ever could imagine. I have my little brother's dog for a little bit. This is the first time he has ever left Kilo in 3 years for more than a night. So, Kilo was sad Saturday when my brother left him. He had laid down on a dog bed and sighed heavy. Judge went over to him and curled up around him laying his head on Kilo. Almost telling him, it's fine, your boy will be back in a couple days and my girl will take care of you. It really made me cry. This dog is more tender hearted than you could imagine.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:35 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chrome View Post
I'm so proud of Judge. He is more kind hearted and sweet than what I ever could imagine. I have my little brother's dog for a little bit. This is the first time he has ever left Kilo in 3 years for more than a night. So, Kilo was sad Saturday when my brother left him. He had laid down on a dog bed and sighed heavy. Judge went over to him and curled up around him laying his head on Kilo. Almost telling him, it's fine, your boy will be back in a couple days and my girl will take care of you. It really made me cry. This dog is more tender hearted than you could imagine.
Awwww! That made me a little teary eyed! What a sweet boy.

Lily for some reason followed me into the bathroom this weekend, usually she just waits by the door. *shrug*

Scout met me at the door when I went home to eat dinner at 4. I got good snuggles! Lily is trying really hard to make friends with my roommates' cats'. Duffy is still having none of it despite Lily's attempts at polite body language and butt sniffing protocol.

And they have both stayed out of the cat food this week! (gosh I hope I didn't just jinx that)
Old 10-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

I've been working on "drop it" with Fable, and today I saw her running around with something in her mouth. I asked her to come and drop it in my hand. She finally did it without hesitation first! Yay!
Oh, and it was a cat turd from the litterbox and I kind of squealed when I realized what it was. That might have set us back a bit, but hey, she did a good job today, lol.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:25 AM
Top Dog

Those are pretty cute stories!

Well, Chulita, who has had issues with taking walks since she went blind in one eye has gone on walks lately as long as it's not around here. When I've taken her to novel places, even places she has been, but spaced apart, she thinks that's grand. So, I'm proud of her for being so "brave" as long as it's someplace new and probably because nothing scary has happened at these places.

Jose`...hmmm...I guess I'm just proud of him for being him. He really hasn't done anything fantastic. But he doesn't have to, I guess. He's just such a nice little fella.

Oh, here's something. While walking him on the side walk, some little kid about 1-1/2 or 2 yrs old came up behind him and put both hands on his back side, startling him. The father didn't do anything. Jose` jumped a little out of surprise, but didn't really react in any other way. Then the kid put his face right in his face. Again, Jose` just took it. That was before I had a chance to move them apart. Then I explained to the kid (who's too young to understand, but it was for the father's benefit) that not all dogs will tolerate sneaking up behind them or letting someone shove their face up that close....that a lot of dogs would bite, soooooooo.... Anyhow, I was proud that Jose`, who's not that use to little kids was so tolerant and easy going about it...just a great little dog.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-09-2012, 10:42 AM
such sights to show you

Well Squash has perfected his technique of grabbing a mouthful of horse poop while running "on by" it, without stopping. Oddly, I am actually sort of proud of that.

I just love my mush puppies. They have so much heart and are really amazing and fantastic, and make such a good team.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:29 AM
Felurian

It's the little things

Gotta say, for Jose not to react any more than that -- isn't so little, especially not for such a small dog. That was quick thinking and good impulse control on his part.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Very Food Agressive

Tango warmed up my my MiL when she was here this past weekend. Last time she was here he wanted nothing to do with her. She was really excited to have a snuggly dog in her lap.

Practice what you preach or keep your mouth shut.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Frodo went to an autocross on Sunday and was awesome! There were quite a lot of people there and he didn't bark at even one person! We had three people ask to pet him, and we didn't even need to play our "people touch you, you get food" game, just had each person give him a cookie, and then he let them pet him

He also met Reba the Golden Retriever without any kind of reactivity.

And here's a picture of him at the autocross, being a lap warmer:

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Top Dog

Thanks Renee. Yeah, the only reaction was that of being startled from not knowing the kid was coming up behind him, a little tucking in of his butt and a little jump forward, then turned to look and was like, "that's fine, but next time let me know you're coming." lol

Frodo is a good boy....just chillin' ...cute pic!
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Frodo went to an autocross on Sunday and was awesome! There were quite a lot of people there and he didn't bark at even one person! We had three people ask to pet him, and we didn't even need to play our "people touch you, you get food" game, just had each person give him a cookie, and then he let them pet him

He also met Reba the Golden Retriever without any kind of reactivity.

And here's a picture of him at the autocross, being a lap warmer:
Omg he's so freaking cute! I <3 frodo