Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
The only thing I don't like about teaching cats to use a toilet is that sometimes it's very beneficial to know stuff about their eliminations.
Yup.. trust me I've thought about teaching mine to use the toilet. But with their UTI issues, I need to know when they're peeing, and how much!
Old 10-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Felurian

I could monitor well enough by the color and intensity, but I wasn't having to track UTI issues, thankfully.

Cat urine tends to be not disperse in water immediately, and mine were always big on coming to get me when they needed to go . . . so I'd be handy with the treats

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-08-2012, 05:12 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
Excuse me? You see... I made a comment. Three different people replied to it... *I* am not the one stirring anything up. Oh, I didn't know that me disciplining my cat meant that I hate them? Please tell me more! I mean, I'm sure some people here spank their kids... Maybe they hate them, too!

I think it's hilarious that I say something similar to the effect of what Kady said, and I get jumped on for it. The irony and hypocrisy around here is just overflowing!
Pardon me. I guess I can't quite relate to or wrap my head around the idea that someone can hit, slap, pop or strike an animal, hurt, scare or intimidate them... and also love them. I can't understand either, how other hideous things done to animals is acceptable to you. To me that doesn't resemble love of animals. It just won't compute for me. So sorry.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
Pardon me. I guess I can't quite relate to or wrap my head around the idea that someone can hit, slap, pop or strike an animal, hurt, scare or intimidate them... and also love them. I can't understand either, how other hideous things done to animals is acceptable to you. To me that doesn't resemble love of animals. It just won't compute for me. So sorry.
Just ignore her. Everyone one here already knows her and her issues. Best to just ignore them.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Just ignore her. Mod Edit - no personal attacks She refuses to learn and refuses to love her animals. Ignore her and she'll eventually go away. She always laughs when she says she hits her animals.

Last edited by eddieq; 10-08-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Are you serious? Oh geez, heaven forbid if I pop my cat on the butt while they **** on my clothes! I'm such an animal abuser! Someone arrest me - quick! And what other hideous things are acceptable, may I ask? If you're referring to the Fila puppy, I NEVER said that was acceptable. Not once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
Just ignore her. Everyone one here already knows her and her issues. Best to just ignore them.
My ISSUES? Oh please, fill me in on what my issues are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyRock View Post
Just ignore her. She's not worth your time. She refuses to learn and refuses to love her animals. Ignore her and she'll eventually go away. She always laughs when she says she hits her animals.
This is by far the most psychotic post I've seen towards me. You won't see this, since you've added me to your block list because you can throw insults, but not accept the fact that your insults are wrongly founded and insane. Mod Edit - Removed - No personal attacks It's funny when you talk about how apparently I abuse animals to raise my self-esteem, but then you reply to a post that had nothing to do with you from someone on your blocked list just to insult them publicly... Wanna talk about abuse to raise self-esteem? Get over yourself. Oh, someone has popped their dog on the nose to get his attention and popped their cat while they peed on the floor... THE HORROR. They're an animal abuser! Mod Edit - Removed - No personal attacks

Last edited by Baxter'smybaby; 10-08-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:53 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I think it's hilarious that I say something similar to the effect of what Kady said, and I get jumped on for it. The irony and hypocrisy around here is just overflowing!
Telling your cat to 'knock it off' is not similar to actually 'knocking the cat off'.

Physically punishing an animal will only teach them not to perform that behavior in front of you. It's unnecessary and pointless.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
Telling your cat to 'knock it off' is not similar to actually 'knocking the cat off'.

Physically punishing an animal will only teach them not to perform that behavior in front of you. It's unnecessary and pointless.
Yep, I learned that already, thanks. I said in my original post that I figured out it didn't work. Of course though, the bullies look over that part and just attack things out of context.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 10-08-2012, 08:02 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
My ISSUES? Oh please, fill me in on what my issues are?

This is by far the most psychotic post I've seen towards me. You won't see this, since you've added me to your block list because you can throw insults, but not accept the fact that your insults are wrongly founded and insane. Mod Edit - Removed - No personal attacks It's funny when you talk about how apparently I abuse animals to raise my self-esteem, but then you reply to a post that had nothing to do with you from someone on your blocked list just to insult them publicly... Wanna talk about abuse to raise self-esteem? Get over yourself. Oh, someone has popped their dog on the nose to get his attention and popped their cat while they peed on the floor... THE HORROR. They're an animal abuser! Mod Edit - Removed - No personal attacks
Barbara, I hope you'll view this in the light that it's intended. As someone who read the entirety of the other thread without posting in it or fueling the fire; you come off as exceptionally antagonistic and contradictory.

Looking at your profile, you haven't been here long and haven't posted much. In that short time you've obviously managed to make yourself quite the reputation. Perhaps taking a step back from everything and really thinking about what you want to achieve on this forum would be a good thing to do - are you here to make friends and have fun? Or to involve yourself in drama?

When you think that everyone else is psychotic and wrong and it seems like the whole world is out to get you, it's time to take a deep breath, evaluate the situation, and consider that perhaps - just perhaps - you could be the one who is wrong.

Edit: As to the actual topic? Dogs are easier for me, because I hate litter boxes. Dogs are easier to mentally stimulate for me, as well. Cats are "easy" in the sense that on an 11 hour day with no lunch break, like today, I don't worry about the cat being able to hold it that long comfortably. I also don't worry about them getting bored when left alone - I'm always confident in Emma's capacity to destroy something before she gets too understimulated!

Last edited by eddieq; 10-08-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:05 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Ok, enough of this BS. Quick acting like spoiled little children who have nothing better to do than call each other names. Put each other on ignore if you don't like each other.

Instead of giving the thread a "timeout", members are going to get "timeouts" if they cannot behave themselves like civilized human beings.