Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 10-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Top Dog

Default Anyone heard of Dr. Tim's food?

I'm bored today, and came across a thread on another forum about this food: http://drtims.com/

It seems pretty decent from my skimming through the website.

Wilson eats almost all kibble now, minus a couple days a week where he gets a turkey neck or chicken quarter for the teeth cleaning benefits. He just never did that great on raw, was always puking; actually, yesterday AM he got a turkey neck, kibble for dinner, and this AM I got to clean up 2 piles of bile/bone puke.

So anyway, I've had him on a few different brands and he does fine on all of them. I'm always looking for other stuff to try because I do like rotating foods. The Momentum formula at 588 cal/cup is tempting for me, although it's not grain free. You can get it in 44lb. bags though, which is also nice.

Just wanted to see if anyone had ever heard of it, or fed it!
Old 10-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Top Dog

FYI: http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-fo...tims-dog-food/
Old 10-08-2012, 03:38 PM
Big Dog

I'm trying the Pursuit. We started it last night and it didn't go over too well. Ronon snubbed it, Keenan picked out the Native and Jack spit it out. They did eat it this morning with broth from the beef roast I made yesterday. I have a 44lb bag and they are going to finish it! So I'll update when I know more. I was hoping it would be all they claimed it to be.

(Note- these are not picky dogs, this is the first food Ronon has ever snubbed).
Old 10-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewave View Post
I'm trying the Pursuit. We started it last night and it didn't go over too well. Ronon snubbed it, Keenan picked out the Native and Jack spit it out. They did eat it this morning with broth from the beef roast I made yesterday. I have a 44lb bag and they are going to finish it! So I'll update when I know more. I was hoping it would be all they claimed it to be.

(Note- these are not picky dogs, this is the first food Ronon has ever snubbed).
Hmm, interesting! Maybe something in it smells funny to them? Wilson would probably eat mulch if I fed it to him, so I'm not too concerned about that.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Big Dog

Probably is the smell. I'm the weirdo that likes to smell dog food and it doesn't smell good to me either. Not bad like rancid or anything, just not good smelling like Fromm, Acana, Earthborn, etc.

But Native doesn't smell that great to me either and they gobble it up.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:39 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Fromm smells nasty.

That's all.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 10-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Big Dog

I like the smell of Fromm. Even their classic- it smells like cheese!

My dogs went nuts over the Fromm Surf and Turf and Beef Fritatta. But my dogs never have firm poop on any of the from grain free lines.

Casper and Pongo are eating NOW Large breed Senior and it smells a little funky, but they are doing great on it!

Well I'm off to torture my dogs with more Dr. Tims!
Old 10-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Top Dog

I always loved the smell of Orijen.. never smelled like dog food to me LOL. I've never fed Fromm so can't comment there

I might try some just to see what Wilson thinks. I've also been toying with the idea of adding in some kibble to Piper & Sako's diet as well. Sako drives me nuts with his "I don't want to eat bone in meals" crap.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:58 PM
Big Dog

Well Ronon and Keenan ate it fine tonight. Jack still isn't eating it though. He picked at it, but doesn't want to eat it. Keenan finished Jack's bowl though! Growing puppies need lots of food!
Old 10-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewave View Post
Well Ronon and Keenan ate it fine tonight. Jack still isn't eating it though. He picked at it, but doesn't want to eat it. Keenan finished Jack's bowl though! Growing puppies need lots of food!
You'll have to update here on how they do on it. Wilson still has some kibble left, but I need to buy some new stuff in a week or so.