Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-06-2012, 01:05 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Mia still hates most people, haha
Hahahahaha well, maybe one day she will like others

Kimma still doesn't want people to PET her, but she is excited to see people and will circle them and rub herself on them like a cat if she's "met" them before a few times. She will never be like a therapy dog or anything, but she's now content having people in the same vicinity. Oh wait. Except kids. She LOVES kids and would be happy being pet by them forever. But she has horrible manners still and tends to want to jump on them

Thanks meepitsmeagan for the siggy!

Loistava Kennels and Red Fox Dog Training
Boundless Pawsibilities

Loistava's Jari CGC - 20 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 7 years old (M)
Old 10-06-2012, 02:22 PM
such sights to show you

Squash is taking this lure coursing "class" on Saturday mornings (really just... you pay us to be able to play lure coursing once a week). To keep him from grabbing it at the end of a run, I always just step on the lure so it's covered up by my shoe... its' just a bit of ribbon, not the big bags you see in pictures of trials.

He got so overexcited at the end of a run that he just needed to bite SOMETHING and instead of redirecting onto the line or my shoe or anything else that mattered, he bit... the grass. He literally just stood there and tore up a little patch of grass by my shoe.

Then the instructor says, "TAKE THAT, GRASS!"

Old 10-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Squash is taking this lure coursing "class" on Saturday mornings (really just... you pay us to be able to play lure coursing once a week). To keep him from grabbing it at the end of a run, I always just step on the lure so it's covered up by my shoe... its' just a bit of ribbon, not the big bags you see in pictures of trials.

He got so overexcited at the end of a run that he just needed to bite SOMETHING and instead of redirecting onto the line or my shoe or anything else that mattered, he bit... the grass. He literally just stood there and tore up a little patch of grass by my shoe.

Then the instructor says, "TAKE THAT, GRASS!"
Hahahaha! That is awesome.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:16 PM
Felurian

I love these stories. The little things do matter -- and they aren't really little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkie_Mom View Post
Hahahahaha well, maybe one day she will like others

Kimma still doesn't want people to PET her, but she is excited to see people and will circle them and rub herself on them like a cat if she's "met" them before a few times. She will never be like a therapy dog or anything, but she's now content having people in the same vicinity. Oh wait. Except kids. She LOVES kids and would be happy being pet by them forever. But she has horrible manners still and tends to want to jump on them
Took my three to the rabies vaccination clinic today.

True to form, Tallulah serenaded everyone the whole time, lol. And, true to form, when a woman came up and remarked on how pretty she was and asked if she could pet her, Tallulah looked right past her . . . and wriggled up to her little girl (about 8 years old) and went all mushy. <3

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Top Dog

This thread is brilliant. I'm smiling for sure.

Maybe I shouldn't feel proud of this, because it's normal behaviour for the breed and nothing really new... but I am so proud of Grace and how she is with children. Just so dependable, gentle (despite being a goofball at 11), and loving. We had the pleasure of a visit from a small child yesterday and she was just stellar. Even went for a really lazy walk with the girl around the yard, lapped up pats, listened to her chattering and just loved every moment. It really shouldn't be surprising at all as I know what she is like, but it was still lovely.

I love how Abby melts away when you stroke from her nose up to the top of her head with one finger. She just goes all gooey on the inside... I guess it's her favourite spot. Despite dogs not generally liking being patted on top of the head. Maybe that should be in the quirk thread.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Top Dog

I just have to say that I absolutely love my dogs and their patience and impeccable manners. I am so, so happy and proud of them this weekend.

My grandparents are back visiting for the weekend with their two little dogs, and I also have my other grandma's dog here because my grandma is in Halifax and my dogs just have taken everybody in stride so well. The visiting dogs are all full of attitude, lack some manners and just are generally kind of chaotic in a lot of ways and I am so impressed at how genuinely good my dogs are being. They're listening perfectly, are ignoring the antics of the other dogs when they're being obnoxious, are showing a lot of patience with the other dogs when they're being rude, are exhibiting superb impulse control, etc. Just so many things and so many reasons to be super proud of them. I love my trio. They have all grown up to be such nice, respectable dogs that everybody enjoys so much. They really, really impress me. I couldn't be happier with them. Such good dogs.

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 10-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Felurian

*faints*

Kharma was in the kitchen and there was a big block of cheddar cheese on the counter . . . It was still there when I came back!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-08-2012, 04:23 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

LOL, Renee!

I just have to say I'm super impressed with Fable's recall. Millie is The Good Dog, she was always such a good puppy, but the speed and reliability of Fable's recall starting when she first came home surpasses any dog I've had. Hers isn't better, Millie's recall is rock solid; I can call her off a rabbit or anything, but it took more practice with her when she was a puppy than it did Fable.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
*faints*

Kharma was in the kitchen and there was a big block of cheddar cheese on the counter . . . It was still there when I came back!
I can't say the same, unfortunately. Zander broke into Jin's room last night to snarf a sammich that was left on the floor.

But he did leave MY sammich alone when I ducked out of the bedroom for a second to re-check all the doors were shut(they weren't). So I guess he gets more brownie points for not running out the doors.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Top Dog

I'm so proud of Jackson ... this whole weekend he's been FETCHING. Outdoors. Like hard-core fetching. He loves it and keeps coming back for more!

He's always played fetch inside, but it's always been a task to get him motivated outdoors. He's been more and more into frisbees, but just now is also into BALL. I am so pumped.

I'm pretty sure he's getting a mini chuck-it for his birthday and some more tennis balls!

Brit & Jackson