Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-07-2012, 07:19 PM
Top Dog

Default It's been a while...

Hey everyone, it's been almost a year since I've been on Chaz

As many of you know last fall I was struggling a lot with my health, was thought to be having seizures, was suffering from severe endometriosis and reacting badly to medications for it, and my depression/anxiety was acting up.

By November, I was hellishly unwell. I don't remember all that much of November and December. I was blacking out consistently, broke toes and cracked my shin falling during seizures, and had to move back in with my parents because I was so unwell...I barely remember that. Zach left me...I barely remember that, either. I started taking medications repeatedly and mixing them because I was too confused to remember what I had been taking. I was hospitalized for overdosed three times in January. There was a mix-up at the hospital, and I was not assigned a doctor, I laid, drugged up and delusional, in a hospital bed for three days and given ridiculously high doses of a highly addictive and dangerous anti-anxiety medication (benzodiazapenes). When I was finally sent home, I went into withdrawal...the withdrawal of benzos is the only withdrawal that can be deadly aside from alcohol withdrawal, considered far worse than heroin withdrawal.

After 2 weeks of not being able to hold down food, I was extremely emaciated, and then had a horrific seizure and tried to drink antifreeze to end it. I have no recollection of this. After I got to the hospital and was treated for starvation and given hemodialysis and anti-poison, I went into the psychiatric ward for a whole month. I was diagnoses with bipolar. I spent the next month in full-time outpatient care.

I'm doing a lot...A LOT better now. I went back to school and work (both part-time) in August. I'm still living with my parents and brother (and Milo and Benji ), and probably will stay here, or at least close by, for another year or so at least. I found a pit bull rescue here to volunteer with . I'm lonely and bored because I have no friends here and it's not Manhattan, but it's not so bad.

So....how have you all been?

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 10-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Holy CRAP!

First, ((((((HUGS)))))

I was worried when you kinda just fell off the face of the earth, I'm so happy that you are doing better!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:27 PM
Top Dog

I had been wondering where you were :O

I'm so glad you are doing much better!!

Old 10-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Just try me..

WOW!! Glad you made it though! Welcome back, and glad to hear you are doing well now.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:41 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

((((((hug))))))) I'm so glad you are doing better. Welcome back to Chaz! We missed you!

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 10-07-2012, 08:12 PM
Top Dog

Welcome back!

It sounds like you've been through hell. (((((HUGS))))) I'm glad you're doing better!
Old 10-07-2012, 08:16 PM
orange iguanas.

I was just thinking about you yesterday. Sorry to hear of all the crap you've been through, glad to see you back and doing better

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 10-07-2012, 08:35 PM
Twin 2.0

O_o

I am so glad to see you back!! I hope things continue to go upwards for you!
Old 10-07-2012, 08:45 PM
Obey the Toad.

Missed you and am glad to have you back! Sounds like you've had an awful time of it and I'm so thankful you're doing better!

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Top Dog

OMG...you poor thing. You've been through hell and back. I'm so glad you're doing better now and lots of heart felt hope that you'll continue to improve until you're where you should be. I'm so very sorry you went through such a terrible time.

It is so nice that you're here. I hope you stick around and keep us up to date on your progress. I'm glad you have your life back and that volunteering, your job, and school sounds like it will keep you busy, which is a really good sign.

Welcome back and lots of good vibes heading your way. (((hugs)))
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson