Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2012, 07:19 PM
Top Dog

Default It's been a while...

Hey everyone, it's been almost a year since I've been on Chaz

As many of you know last fall I was struggling a lot with my health, was thought to be having seizures, was suffering from severe endometriosis and reacting badly to medications for it, and my depression/anxiety was acting up.

By November, I was hellishly unwell. I don't remember all that much of November and December. I was blacking out consistently, broke toes and cracked my shin falling during seizures, and had to move back in with my parents because I was so unwell...I barely remember that. Zach left me...I barely remember that, either. I started taking medications repeatedly and mixing them because I was too confused to remember what I had been taking. I was hospitalized for overdosed three times in January. There was a mix-up at the hospital, and I was not assigned a doctor, I laid, drugged up and delusional, in a hospital bed for three days and given ridiculously high doses of a highly addictive and dangerous anti-anxiety medication (benzodiazapenes). When I was finally sent home, I went into withdrawal...the withdrawal of benzos is the only withdrawal that can be deadly aside from alcohol withdrawal, considered far worse than heroin withdrawal.

After 2 weeks of not being able to hold down food, I was extremely emaciated, and then had a horrific seizure and tried to drink antifreeze to end it. I have no recollection of this. After I got to the hospital and was treated for starvation and given hemodialysis and anti-poison, I went into the psychiatric ward for a whole month. I was diagnoses with bipolar. I spent the next month in full-time outpatient care.

I'm doing a lot...A LOT better now. I went back to school and work (both part-time) in August. I'm still living with my parents and brother (and Milo and Benji ), and probably will stay here, or at least close by, for another year or so at least. I found a pit bull rescue here to volunteer with . I'm lonely and bored because I have no friends here and it's not Manhattan, but it's not so bad.

So....how have you all been?

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com