Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 10-06-2012, 09:10 AM
Top Dog

Ours eats a bit of both, but if she doesn't have her kitty crack (kibble) she gets insane about getting into people food. She just has to have her carbs.

She will do just about anything, including moose if it's offered, and bones too.

But her all time FAVE treat is a frozen/thawed mouse from the pet store. Not sure how she knows when I've gotten one for her before I even get my shoes off but she gets quite vocal and almost attacks me to get her meal (which goes into a crate with her to eat, since mice need to be tossed quite a bit before being eaten).
Old 10-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Top Dog

For the most part Hazel switched over really well. I do need to get her some pet grind that has bones it it. Because she refuses to eat the bones. She will strip every bit of meat off of them, and then stash the bones in a corner. The best part I like about it, is the lack of nasty litterbox smell. I hate that smell.

Old 10-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Whiskey is a convert. He thinks raw is WAY cooler than canned. Scarfs everything I've tried so far

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:46 PM
& the Muttly Crew

By the way...Brie's eating half kibble/half raw right now. She's taken to ground raw really well. Haven't tried her on anything whole yet as I can't figure out where to feed her that sort of thing since she might drag it around. But yeah, yay for Brie. So far so good.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 02-27-2013, 06:17 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

old thread, but figured it was better to revive this one than start a new one.

Anyways... As Lauren mentioned above, Whiskey is a raw convert. He is flying home to me on Friday and I'm going to continue with him eating raw. I bought him some Nature's Variety Instinct Raw today... (the medallions). It's premade for now, but I'll add more stuff in later. I don't have a kitchen which makes it hard to prepare a lot of raw myself.

My question though is the raw I bought said it's for both cats and dogs and on the back it gives the amount of medallions per weight size. Does anyone know how accurate their feeding amounts are? I know with the dry food I feed the dogs I tend to feed less than what the bag says or else my dogs would get fat. Not sure if the same rules apply with the raw for the cat. Also, does anyone know how high the taurine source is in the NV raw chicken bag? If it isn't high enough I can buy some heart to add more taurine into his diet, but wasn't sure if this bag of raw had a sufficient amount of taurine for a cat.

Here's the serving suggestion link I found for this bag of raw. I think he falls in the 5-15lb range unless Lauren states otherwise since he did have a vet appointment and was more than likely weighed today.
http://www.1800petmeds.com/Instinct+...FULf4AodmD8AwA

I hate how overpriced premade is so I'm definitely aiming to start buying meat here and there when I can and as soon as I have a kitchen I won't do much premade probably.

Also... those of you that do feed cats raw... what other meat sources do you feed that are a little out of the ordinary? I'm hoping to eventually add squirrel, dove, rabbit etc.... stuff that I can hunt myself. I can also do frozen/thawed mice every so often as well. I know Lauren mentioned he wont touch beef so I'm trying to get an idea of other stuff I can try.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 02-27-2013, 06:53 PM
Top Dog

There are quite a few raw suppliers that might offer samples or smaller packages of food to try out. Our cat gets the odd meal of raw, some canned, some kibble too. At the kennel they had a bunch of 'expired' frozen that I brought home and she had no problem with pheasant, duck, beef, etc... and so on.