Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2012, 08:25 PM
MyHorseMyRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandra View Post
When people say cats are low maintenance they don't mean they are air plants. They also don't mean it as a law... of course there are cats that are totally nuts... they are living things, there are no hard laws.

I've had a highly annoying cat that kept me awake all night knocking crap over, trying to smother me, crying etc if you didn't wake up to service him. However I haven't met another cat like him. Other cats I've had slept, ate, wandered around a bit, slept some more, climbed to some place high where they could watch stuff, slept, cuddled, attacked stuff/me. Really they were easy easy animals and that goes for most cats I know. I never thought to myself "you really have to get home to attend to the cat's needs" (can't recollect ever hearing that) and nobody ever had a problem.

Not the same with a dog. You have to let it out, train it, you have to sacrifice time out of your day to walk it.

I've always free fed cats and never had a weight problem but I know that doesn't work for everyone. If it does that's one more thing you don't have to worry about. And of course you spend time cuddling, playing with it etc but neither myself nor anybody I know has had to set aside time specifically for their cat.
This. Cats ARE typically easier than dogs. You don't have to rush home to let them out. When you're sick, you don't have to suck it up and take them for a walk anyhow. They're typically going to run you less money as far as food and such. Jeeze, people, get your panties out of a wad. No one's saying you should get a cat and never do anything with it because, "Hey, it's just a cat..." And I certainly am not saying Jairi should get a cat. But yes, cats ARE typically going to be easier to care for than dogs.