Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

I remember, and I think of her every once in a while. Such an unfair, cruel end to a beautiful life.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:45 PM
Blackout

She was a beautiful girl with great dogs - May she RIP and her family be at peace as well.
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 10-06-2012, 07:26 PM
Wookie Collie

I remember this was RIGHT when I joined, and I had no idea who she was but thought the whole thing was just so heartbreaking.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 10-06-2012, 07:49 PM
treehugging clicker freak

I remember her, too. So terribly sad

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 10-06-2012, 07:58 PM
Top Dog

I remember how shocked and saddened I was when I first heard about this, not that long ago. I was a member then, but I think that was when I was on a little hiatus from Chaz or something because I don't remember being here when it happened.

I hate how the media makes such a grandstand for these psychopaths. No, he isn't sorry, I can almost guarantee. I have no doubt he's some kind of narcissist or sociopath. They do not possess the ability to feel guilty or feel empathy. What a darn shame...such a young life snuffed out. What a sweet girl, younger than my own daughter. I just can't imagine the pain and grief of her whole family. It will never end for them. So very sad.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Top Dog

I think at the time it bugged me so much because it was the first time I've had to deal with someone in my online community dying. I was use to people not visiting sites any more or disappearing but this was the first time where I knew what happened to that person and it was horrible

Old 10-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Top Dog

Do we know what happened to her kids? I hope the husband is rotting in jail.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:21 PM
BusterLove

I still think of her quite often. I hope her kids and her dogs are alright.

Old 10-06-2012, 08:48 PM
Taxiderpy

She's the reason why I feel it's incredibly important to listen when people come forward about abuse, and not dismiss or belittle them. This is why it can't be covered over when it happens. The only way to stop it is to bring it out in the sunshine so it can get burned away, and wither to nothing along with the perpetrator. It breaks my heart that she didn't make it out in time. I can't even imagine how terrified she was in her last moments.

Just seeing similar dynamics unfolding in other situations scares the crap out of me.

*hugs everybody on chaz* You all stay safe please.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:50 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
She's the reason why I feel it's incredibly important to listen when people come forward about abuse, and not dismiss or belittle them. This is why it can't be covered over when it happens. The only way to stop it is to bring it out in the sunshine so it can get burned away, and wither to nothing along with the perpetrator. It breaks my heart that she didn't make it out in time. I can't even imagine how terrified she was in her last moments.

Just seeing similar dynamics unfolding in other situations scares the crap out of me.

*hugs everybody on chaz* You all stay safe please.