Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Mutts to you

Murphy likes to contemplate when things go wrong (ie, Sis yells at him to stop digging in her garden in pursuit of a mole). He'll go off and sit in the middle of the yard and stare off into space for awhile. Probably trying to figure out stupid humans...

Riley, who asks to go out to play in thunderstorms, hates hearing the sound of a hand slapping down to destroy a gnat. He also hates having his food portions touch each other in his bowl - kibble in one area, canned food in another area, any extras in another area and god forbid if any overlap.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Im not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 10-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snark View Post
Riley, who asks to go out to play in thunderstorms, hates hearing the sound of a hand slapping down to destroy a gnat. He also hates having his food portions touch each other in his bowl - kibble in one area, canned food in another area, any extras in another area and god forbid if any overlap.
Lol, that is funny. I remember someone posting once about their dog loved to just sit and stare in the distance.

Abby's quirk I mentioned in another thread, but it's the fact that she loves to be patted on top of the head. I run one finger from her nose to the top of her head and she melts away. And theoretical she should be merely tolerating it I guess. But nothing beats her reaction to this - it's definitely her favourite spot!

Grace actually likes to wash her face after eating. It's mandatory. I turn a blind eye and pretend it's not happening, thankfully she usually chooses an old towel we hang in the kitchen for spills but I have seen her use my doona and the side of the lounge chair (it's covered up).
Old 10-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsi View Post

Grace actually likes to wash her face after eating. It's mandatory. I turn a blind eye and pretend it's not happening, thankfully she usually chooses an old towel we hang in the kitchen for spills but I have seen her use my doona and the side of the lounge chair (it's covered up).
Bimmer does that!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Top Dog

^ Yay! I'll let Grace know she has a partner in crime! Funny dog, she doesn't do it very quietly either. A fair bit of slurping and sneezing goes on and lip smacking. She has also done it on my dressing gown if I happen to be standing in the way.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:20 PM
Felurian

Bimmer keeps up a steady monologue while he does it, lol. Along with moaning.

Someone was commenting the other day about how I always have vocal dogs -- they look at you and talk TO you. If you try to ignore it . . . well, just try You'll get poked or prodded or whacked with a paw.

I figure it must be because I've always carried on conversations with my dogs (and my cat).

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-06-2012, 06:59 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Quirks? Well... Bailey has too many to list!

Like this morning (or last night, however you look at it, 3am).. she.... fell out of bed... Not gracefully, at all. She tried to catch herself, which made it worse, of course. And then she limped around for about 10mins, enough for me to be really concerned, enough to get out of bed and feel her over. Which induced a bout of zoomies, and then barking at her leash, wanting a walk Oy.

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 10-06-2012, 07:09 PM
& the Muttly Crew

I honestly don't even know where to start...Webster and Kim especially are just unending series of quirky behavior lol...

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 10-06-2012, 07:13 PM
Top Dog

Zander likes to sleep in until at least 9am. Preferably noon. He is usually in bed by midnight. And no, he doesn't move once he's in bed. That's pretty much where he is staying.

Every morning when he gets up, he comes downstairs, greets me with zoomies and lots of grrrooooing and dancing to go outside. I let him out, make my coffee. Usually I put food in his bowl and we do a sit/wait routine. If I forget, he'll still sit by his bowl and stare at me yelling until I put food in there.

He then promptly takes a nap for 3 hours or more.

He has to walk the fence line when ever he goes potty. Even if he is on the complete other side of the yard, he HAS to go around the fence line before coming inside. It's almost impossible for him to just go straight across the yard.

He MUST wait for me at the bottom and top of the stairs. Just so he can run away at Mach 5. Or trip me down the stairs.

He can open doors. But still insists I open every door for him. And will cry pathetically until I do.

Zander's entire life is a giant quirk.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:19 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
I honestly don't even know where to start...Webster and Kim especially are just unending series of quirky behavior lol...
So are my two. I just picked the ones from today.

Another one: At my dad's house if you let Summer inside from going potty she must run and do at least 6 or so laps around the couches.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:37 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Speaking of flyswatters, Chloe FREAKS out if you smack a fly/bug with a flyswatter. She will bark at whoever is using it. She gets really protective if anyone hits or act like they're going to hit someone/something. Especially if you have something in your hand. Which is really sad cause it makes me think she must've been abused or seen abuse in her original home.

Violet's not really quirky, she's just a spaz. Lol!

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)