Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
I read that as "Do you girls eat dirty tennis balls dropped into your underwear too in the loo?"

I was like WTF IS THIS?
Something you might need to tell us?

"Getting in the bathroom before the Fila puppy" became a sport with all three of the grrrrls. They did grow out of it, although it took Shiva the longest, and I did learn it was better to go ahead and let them in after they'd learned to open the door.

Shiva would get IN the shower with me. Buffy and Kharma were content to "guard" me, lol.

They want to know where you are pretty much all the time, but as they grow up and gain confidence they're fine with checking on you every now and then.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
ó Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-06-2012, 03:10 PM
Top Dog

I haven't had alone time in the bathroom in over 13 years.

As for my rescued Fila, she was sooo scarred from the emotional neglect at just 7 1/2 months of age. She bonded to me like cement, which was awesome. But she also felt the need to protect me from everyone, and this included my children, but especially my then 9-month-old (whom she literally went after on multiple occasions). She never felt she could rest, and as the days went by, her anxiety and her over-protectiveness of me got exponentially worse. It was awful to watch her become worse despite the training, socialization, and just trying to let her "be". I have NO doubt that those early months of neglect and abuse cost her life. I still cry over what could've, and should've, been if only someone didn't feel the need to get some "rare" and "cool" breed and then neglect and abuse it.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red.Apricot View Post
I'm just not a fan of the creepy whooshing sound she makes when she sticks her nose under the door to try to make sure I'm still there on the toilet.
Just had to poke in and say that noise reminds me of the raptors from Jurassic park. Freaks me out.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you canít eat money." ĖNative American proverb
Old 10-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
I haven't had alone time in the bathroom in over 13 years.

As for my rescued Fila, she was sooo scarred from the emotional neglect at just 7 1/2 months of age. She bonded to me like cement, which was awesome. But she also felt the need to protect me from everyone, and this included my children, but especially my then 9-month-old (whom she literally went after on multiple occasions). She never felt she could rest, and as the days went by, her anxiety and her over-protectiveness of me got exponentially worse. It was awful to watch her become worse despite the training, socialization, and just trying to let her "be". I have NO doubt that those early months of neglect and abuse cost her life. I still cry over what could've, and should've, been if only someone didn't feel the need to get some "rare" and "cool" breed and then neglect and abuse it.
Even if it was only a short time, Jazz had exactly what is most important to a Fila with you. She had everything. <3

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
ó Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

What Yoko said. I have one very dignified cat, and one dumb cat who is all over me, all the time, never shutting up and always wanting to be cuddled.

But I totally get that cats have no need for long hikes, obedience classes, dog sports and other outlets, etc. Though I take one of my cats for walks. Well. . .more accurately, I put a harness and leash on her, she takes me for a walk and decides she wants to roll around on the ground and sunbathe for about an hour.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Speaking of raptors.... this just popped up into my FB newsfeed
Old 10-06-2012, 03:23 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

LMAO @ Amber. LOVE that.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:25 PM
Mutts to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
Speaking of raptors.... this just popped up into my FB newsfeed
Thank you for making me spit my mouthful of hot chocolate... at least I missed the keyboard.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 10-06-2012, 03:41 PM
Top Dog

I usually get a cream and white fluffy tail under the door of my loo and occasionally a nose through the door (our door doesn't shut completely).

This morning Abby went out to the loo and I stayed in bed and apparently Grace, thinking that I was up and going straight to the loo, walked right in had a look, couldn't find me and came into my room. My mum was amused, apparently she was standing there for quite some time?? She must've thought I had escaped from the secret exit!
Old 10-06-2012, 05:26 PM
SBT Lover!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
"Can't be bothered to take care of a dog? Get a cat instead!" Um.. no. I see this attitude waaaaaay too much (not even here, just generally talking now)
This. That attitude drives me nuts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
My cat is a thousand times more clingy than my dog. He drives EVERYONE mental. His emotional needs are much more demanding than my dog. Bandit? Sure he loves his family. He doesn't like beng left out. But he also just shadows. He doesn't get up in your face and DEMAND love like my cat does. He is content to simply be near you.
Mine are, too. If I leave the apartment for more than 5 minutes, my Bowie follows me around until I sit down and then jumps in my lap and purrs. He also sometimes follows me into the bathroom and jumps on my lap. I went away for a week this summer and when I got back, Bowie cuddled me non stop. He would sit on my lap with his paws on my shoulders and his head under my chin, purring:

He needs me and I love that he does! Ziggy, on the other hand, just loves everyone and follows people around purring until they pick her up, then she'll ride on your shoulder: