Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Dog Stories

Old 09-27-2012, 10:45 PM
Top Dog

No...?

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you canít eat money." ĖNative American proverb
Old 09-27-2012, 10:56 PM
such sights to show you

Pip does this sometimes when he's feeling jolly. Usually at the dog park, usually after he's been swimming. He'll come prancing up to me, turn and kind of hip check me then back up into me 2 or 3 times in a row while being all wiggly. I've always assumed it's just some sort of WE ARE FRIENDS WHO ARE PLAYING NOW kind of thing.

It's cute, but of course he's usually soaking wet when he does it. :/

Old 09-27-2012, 11:24 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

Mmmm anal swiping. What a fun new term.

Old 09-28-2012, 01:42 PM
Dafuq?

I've heard it's a way for a dog to "claim" you. And in some situations, it can be a way for a dog to keep track of you without giving you any attention. I think my dog does it so I'll scratch her butt. Although she usually plops her butt next to my leg and leans back, rather than sitting directly on me.

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Old 09-29-2012, 02:50 PM
Top Dog

They do it to be close to you, they like you, they want butt scratches, they want to touch you and also observe the world...

Dogs don***8217;t have the same body part associations we do. To them a butt is no different than an ear or a leg or an elbow.
~Suzanne Clothier
Old 10-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danefied View Post
They do it to be close to you, they like you, they want butt scratches, they want to touch you and also observe the world...

Dogs donít have the same body part associations we do. To them a butt is no different than an ear or a leg or an elbow.
This.

lol unless many of the dogs I walk want to "claim me" as their dog walker. It's just for butt scratching.
For some reason dogs without tails especially love to do this haha part of the whole wiggle butt dance I suppose
Old 10-06-2012, 03:05 PM
SevenSins

My AB, Beezer, used to very specifically back up and rest his giggleberries on my knee.

Then I got him neutered. Checkmate!

But now he sits on my head when I'm sleeping...
Old 10-06-2012, 03:07 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSins View Post
My AB, Beezer, used to very specifically back up and rest his giggleberries on my knee.

Then I got him neutered. Checkmate!

But now he sits on my head when I'm sleeping...
At least he's neutered

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 10-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Top Dog

I have an 8 month old puppy who won't be neutered that I hope doesn't learn this technique...

As it is, Malyk was neutered later so he has a empty sack of skin that he gets me with instead! Lol.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you canít eat money." ĖNative American proverb
Old 10-23-2012, 06:53 PM
Puppy Dog

Why Does My Dog... Lean on Me?

(http://www.vetstreet.com/our-pet-exp...dog-lean-on-me)

By Dr. Patty Khuly | November 8, 2011

Is your dog a leaner? Itís a common enough issue. Most serial dog owners are likely to have lived with one at some point.

But itís not just leaning. Itís also standing on your feet, hugging your legs during a walk, and sleeping with the maximum amount of shared surface area in contact.

Some authorities would have you believe your dog is trying to dominate you with her weight. Others might say youíre being manipulated by a poorly socialized, misbehaving suck-up who knows how to push your buttons. But the truth is something else.

In most cases this is affection-seeking behavior, plain and simple. Dogs love to cuddle. And if the person you want to cuddle with is always sitting and standing, then cuddling takes the form of leaning on her or sitting on her shoes as she taps away at the keyboard.

Add that to the fact that dogs ĖĖ pack animals that they are ĖĖ are fond of close contact as a safety measure, and youíve got a great rationale for your dogís lean-on-a-leg approach to life.