Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-06-2012, 12:50 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danefied View Post
I think we can all agree that she’s just plain not a good home for ANY dog.
That's what I was thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
"You captivate him. He thinks you are fantastic, you are his, and so, no one is allowed to disturb you. His adoration will grow for you as this friendship deepens. He will only be happy when he is near you, and he will only ask to be able to lie by your feet."
I've said it before here. I love love love dogs like this. But at the same time I can admit to myself a Fila isn't a dog that is a right for me. Luckily with how many different breeds and mixes are available any one should be able to find the right dog for them with some research and footwork.

IMO the effort someone is willing to put into researching a breed or specific dog to make sure they are perfect or even just a good fit for them and then working with the dog during the 'bonding' phase is very telling about the type of owner that person is.

And really. I've never met a puppy I hate so that's probably affecting my opinion on this whole issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper View Post

Millie's obviously not a mal, but a lot of people would probably be driven nuts by her clingy-ness. "Velcro dog" doesn't cover it. I think she's working on a way to get inside my skin. Leaning against me so hard my circulation stops/I can't breathe is not close enough.
LOL We call Yoshi my furry Siamese twin. She's really good about waiting for me to sit down or lay down and invite her up. But she loves touching even if it is just a foot. I go to sleep and wake up to her trying to cuddle as close to me as she can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kady05 View Post
Sako can join right in with the Malinois.. OMG he is obsessed with me. I don't think I'll ever pee alone again.. and if I *god forbid* latch the door behind me, he lays outside of it and pouts. And here I thought my other two loved me.. nothing like Sako!
I can't remember having alone bathroom time for the last seven years three months XD

Old 10-06-2012, 01:00 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
That's what I was thinking.

I've said it before here. I love love love dogs like this. But at the same time I can admit to myself a Fila isn't a dog that is a right for me. Luckily with how many different breeds and mixes are available any one should be able to find the right dog for them with some research and footwork.

IMO the effort someone is willing to put into researching a breed or specific dog to make sure they are perfect or even just a good fit for them and then working with the dog during the 'bonding' phase is very telling about the type of owner that person is.

And really. I've never met a puppy I hate so that's probably affecting my opinion on this whole issue.

LOL We call Yoshi my furry Siamese twin. She's really good about waiting for me to sit down or lay down and invite her up. But she loves touching even if it is just a foot. I go to sleep and wake up to her trying to cuddle as close to me as she can get.

I can't remember having alone bathroom time for the last seven years three months XD
I have to be faster than my dogs if I don't want them helping me in the bathroom. LOL. I can't remember having a dog that didn't come in the bathroom with me, at least a lot of the time. Jose` can be sleeping comfortably on the couch and if I go in the powder room near that room, he jumps off the couch and comes to be with me in the bathroom....even if I wasn't right near him when he was on the couch. He must think something interesting is bound to happen in there. Chuli isn't as much that way, but still, pretty much wanting to hang out with me a lot. And puppies? Woah, I can't think of a puppy that wouldn't tend to follow his new owner around a lot.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Well, ALL dogs know there is a secret exit in every bathroom.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:04 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Well, ALL dogs know there is a secret exit in every bathroom.
XD the funny thing is, is that my bathroom does lol. I go in one door but it has another door that leads to the bedroom attached to mine.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:05 PM
Top Dog

I'm just not a fan of the creepy whooshing sound she makes when she sticks her nose under the door to try to make sure I'm still there on the toilet.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red.Apricot View Post
I'm just not a fan of the creepy whooshing sound she makes when she sticks her nose under the door to try to make sure I'm still there on the toilet.
lol I hate that sound too.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:09 PM
APBT crazy!

I'm so glad the fila pup is doing well now.

My Rottweiler mix I had for 10 and half years who passed away almost 4 years ago was very clingy too. I love clingy dogs actually. Dixie is pretty clingy too. She always has to know what you are up to! I can't go to the bathroom alone without one of my cats in there. Tiger follows me all around the house. I just love clingy animals, I don't get annoyed with them usually. But I don't mind if dogs and cats are independent either. My hound Buster is really not cuddly, he's a grumpy old dog.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:31 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

I love dogs that love you that much... Makes me think if she really wants a dog or should just have a cat...?

Old 10-06-2012, 01:32 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
lol I hate that sound too.
Plus it's gross, right? Like it's a mystery what I'm doing in there? Why does she need to smell that?
Old 10-06-2012, 01:39 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

LOL I love dogs like that, if I had a dog that wasn't a "stalker" I think my feelings would be hurt lol.