Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 10-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Top Dog

Default Another guess the breeds!

This is my mom's dog, Inca. We rescued her from an unfortunate owner when she was a pup. She is literally probably the best dog ever (for what my mom wants/needs), totally chill most of the time but can turn it on in a second and rip around for a hike or playtime, she is in an unfenced yard and never steps a foot off the property, even when left alone there, sweet, good watchdog for deer/bear etc (but she chases them only to the property line and then stops), loves everyone, great with dogs, etc etc (the list could go on and on).

Anyway, we've always wondered and guessed about her breeds. I'd love some opinions from all of you here! Sorry these pics suck, I don't have any recent ones of her with my good camera....

Puppy pics

Crazy HUGE winter coat!

Lighter more summery coat
Old 10-06-2012, 11:24 AM
such sights to show you

Pip has a lot of ticking and spotting like that, and over the years we've bounced back and forth between springer, english setter, and some sort of herder mix.

But every time I think "yup, that B&W hairy ticked half of him sure is X" then he does something that makes me think, no, it's actually Y, or maybe Z.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Top Dog

I could be totally off but something (in the face maybe) makes me think Akita X
Old 10-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I definitely think there is Akita in there

ETA: I also think there's some sort of spaniel or setter breed mixed in as well.

VERY pretty dog!!
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 10-06-2012, 12:14 PM
I'm All Ears

My thought was akita x herder.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Top Dog

Interesting, yeah, a lot of people see Akita and I can see it in her face for sure. She doesn't have any Akita like temperamental traits. I've heard through the grapevine that her mother was BC and I have met either her dad or her uncle (heard different things). He was similarly coloured but HUGE, with more floppy ears, looked like he might have had some kind of livestock guardian breed, but his owner said he was BC/Aussie/blue heeler. Obviously he had something way bigger in him though.

And Inca can be so MELLOW for mostly BC! She does kind of move like a herder, though. My mom is actually coming to visit for the weekend so I'll take some better pictures of Inca and maybe a video so you all can see her in action! She's such a sweet little dog.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Top Dog

maybe some newfie?? I also thought first akita head, body/fur / color newfie-ish..very very cute!
Old 10-06-2012, 03:41 PM
Top Dog

My first thought was Chow/ACD, but after looking more closely at the pictures, I think Chow/Newf would be more accurate. She's beautiful.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Top Dog

I was thinking Akita X ACD. But Akita is a hard guess, considering the amount of variance that can be in the breed.

Herding mixes are pretty common in larger farming areas. Around here, there's not only a lot of BC's, but a lot of ACD x BC mixes and a lot of them have some gundog thrown in there too. Some large guardian breeds like Great Pyrenees is common, too.

Some of the farm mixes I've met have been serious intense dogs. Others are more chill, but no less intense.