Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-06-2012, 07:04 AM
Little dog, big voice

I have two things, one of which probably sounds hilarious to everyone but I was pretty impressed! :P

Cali decided to go up about seven stairs today to follow me upstairs. Throughout the last two years, she's gone up every set of stairs except those ones.. probably because they look so high up to her!

And, my sister's friend got a new puppy (who is going to grow to be about the same size as Cali) and Cali managed to behave herself! I knew she would, but I was hoping she'd calm herself down a bit. It ended up being hilarious because the puppy basically just acted like Cali does when she sees another dog and is permitted to go say hi. (ie: kisses, kisses and more kisses)

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:13 AM
Top Dog

Robyn has hit a pretty impressive milestone. One I never thought would actually happen. She suddenly realizes crowds of strangers are not evil gatherings of dog haters out to get her.
She is not only willing to go into busy places but keeps insisting we walk downtown on our walks!
It's like a switch suddenly flipped in her head and after a year and a half of slow progress, boom!
I never thought I would be able to take her busy places, ever!

Oh and Trin learned how to play in the sandbox this week instead of just eating all the sand. This has taken almost a year! :rotfl1:

Gotta say I'm impressed by Yoshi's shower taking skills too!
Old 10-06-2012, 08:52 AM
I'm All Ears

Mia has decided to grow up into a cuddly dog. She was the LAST dog I'd ever have expected to be cuddly but I love it. Every morning I wake up and she's curled up in my arms, under the covers, head on my shoulders. It does make me not want to get out of bed.

During the day she's not cuddly at all, lol.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:56 AM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Mia has decided to grow up into a cuddly dog. She was the LAST dog I'd ever have expected to be cuddly but I love it. Every morning I wake up and she's curled up in my arms, under the covers, head on my shoulders. It does make me not want to get out of bed.

During the day she's not cuddly at all, lol.
I swear Mia and Kimma are the same dog. We had friends over watching a movie last night, and Kimma was VERY well-behaved. We didn't get company in TX ever so this is all a new thing to her (she usually very barky, and jumpy, and just plain psycho). She laid on the floor very nicely/quietly while we watched, and then actually came up and laid on my lap and fell asleep for the last 1/2 of it. I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

Then this morning she wakes me up by whistle-whining in my face then sitting on my chest. And now she's torturing the others by barking at them then zooming away

Thanks meepitsmeagan for the siggy!

Loistava Kennels and Red Fox Dog Training
Boundless Pawsibilities

Loistava's Jari CGC - 20 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 7 years old (M)
Old 10-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Professional Nerd

My husband was careless with the gate when Stan was outside and he got out. Fortunately he just ran to me in the front yard instead of into the street.

Yay for Stan!
Old 10-06-2012, 12:20 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkie_Mom View Post
I swear Mia and Kimma are the same dog. We had friends over watching a movie last night, and Kimma was VERY well-behaved. We didn't get company in TX ever so this is all a new thing to her (she usually very barky, and jumpy, and just plain psycho). She laid on the floor very nicely/quietly while we watched, and then actually came up and laid on my lap and fell asleep for the last 1/2 of it. I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

Then this morning she wakes me up by whistle-whining in my face then sitting on my chest. And now she's torturing the others by barking at them then zooming away
Hahaha! Yeah I fell back asleep then woke up to her whining and sitting next to me then reaching out and whacking me with her foot to get me out of bed. She just wants her food, lol. She's cuddly.... till she's bored.

But yeah, my dogs are both pretty perfect these days. We did some shaping this morning and they both were brilliant. Mia's still not got a calm thinking bone in her body though. But oh so fun. We went for a walk and they walked perfectly on a leash, which I take for granted sometimes. Every dog we passed was lunging and barking. I accidentally dropped their leash right next to a busy road and they just stood there next to me. They're both so bombproof in public. I know a lot of it is the work I've put into them, which I never pat myself on my back for. But they really are good little dogs with good temperaments.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

I really love reading these. It's fantastic to read a thread where a dog's training hits a crucial point, when they earn another title, etc., but just as great are the small things every day.

This morning I was stupid and left Fable unsupervised in the living room for a few minutes, and she did not jump onto the desk. Yes!
Old 10-06-2012, 12:46 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Hahaha! Yeah I fell back asleep then woke up to her whining and sitting next to me then reaching out and whacking me with her foot to get me out of bed. She just wants her food, lol. She's cuddly.... till she's bored.

But yeah, my dogs are both pretty perfect these days. We did some shaping this morning and they both were brilliant. Mia's still not got a calm thinking bone in her body though. But oh so fun. We went for a walk and they walked perfectly on a leash, which I take for granted sometimes. Every dog we passed was lunging and barking. I accidentally dropped their leash right next to a busy road and they just stood there next to me. They're both so bombproof in public. I know a lot of it is the work I've put into them, which I never pat myself on my back for. But they really are good little dogs with good temperaments.
Oh yeah, that's Kimma, too. She wanted breakfast. After everyone ate and pottied, we went back to sleep because I'm sick. And she was surprisingly fine for a couple more hours, then it was definitely time for walks LOL.

It's funny because my DH was just telling me the other day how Kimma is finally becoming a "real dog," as in she isn't crazy hyper every minute of every day and actually seems to enjoy the company of others and not just me

I took her to the park a few days ago with my friend and her Boxer, and we ran in to people we knew there. Kimma was actually REALLY good, and didn't boredom bark until we had been there for like 10 minutes talking, which has got to be a record or something for her. And yeah, especially considering that she used to be reactive to EVERYONE and EVERYTHING on walks, it's like a miracle.

It's so weird to think of how she used to be and realize that I had a hand in making her in to an overall very well-behaved and trained adult. However, when we are working on tricks and such, anything goes and she still barks and carries on like a psycho. But that's OK because that's her time to get excited and play hahaha.

Thanks meepitsmeagan for the siggy!

Loistava Kennels and Red Fox Dog Training
Boundless Pawsibilities

Loistava's Jari CGC - 20 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 7 years old (M)
Old 10-06-2012, 12:52 PM
I'm All Ears

Mia still hates most people, haha
Old 10-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Top Dog

We have the showers which are just the levers with the temp control on them so all she has to do to turn it on is push it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaospony View Post
Gotta say I'm impressed by Yoshi's shower taking skills too!
It's all fun and games until you wake up at 3 one morning to a soaking wet dog who realized that she hadn't cuddled your sleeping body for five minutes.